Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: special Christmas hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    I, and many others people, have someone who cannot be with us for Christmas whether through difficult circumstances or illness, or any number of other reasons.

As I'm sitting here listening to my new Christmas CD and preparing for a festive evening with some of my family I'm feeling a mixture of pleasure and sadness both at the same time, and I'm thinking of other people who will be feeling the same way, so I'd like to send heartfelt hugs and special wishes to those of you having an emotional and difficult time right now, as Christmas approaches rapidly......

Post Thanks / Like
    What a really lovely thing to do... I second this to everyone at this time of year and always who has someone there miss and can't be with...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mairead soon hun .
    And to everybody.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 80230
    Mairead soon hun .
    getting there hey

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    What a beautiful thing to do, Mairead.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    oh gosh - not at all, i just know that this time of year heightens our emotions. I was thinking of my dear Nephew of course, and also my dearly loved Aunts and Uncle who have left this world of ours over the past few years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it's one of the aspects of Christmas/the holiday season that many folks push aside, but it is so very true. We miss those who can't be with us, and really want them to be here.

Sometimes it helps to know that they will be with us for another Christmas, but sometimes we have to recognize that won't happen. :(

Tough stuff. Mama's Mother died in December. Mama went out of her way to make Christmas a huge event for us. She never wanted her sadness to encroach on her family's holiday. I was an adult before she shared her hidden sadness with me.

Those sorts of actions are what love is all about, eh?

Just like yours here, Mairead.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    gosh, that must have been incredibly difficult for your Mama Tink.

urgh, i didn't mean to get all depressing - just wanted to let people know I'm thinking of them as well as myself

Post Thanks / Like
    No, it's not depressing. Seriously. It's a factor of the holidays and if we paid it a bit more respect (instead of focusing on an almost forced jollity) I think we would all be healthier, and in some ways, appreciate the holiday season more!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast