Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Everyone wants one of these under their tree

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww! He is sweet!

Kind of sad to see them in the fridge like that Looks like they are waiting to be dinner or something..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 81785
    Depends whether your fridge has shelves large enough for wine as well as for stella Mine is a full size fridge freezer with lots of Ben & Jerry's in the freezer bit :D

They are really gorgeous Josh.Was looking at their markings. They really are truly individual. Very special creatures :) When do they come out of there?
    They'll come out when they lose up to 10% of their body weight. They should stay in there until feb at the very least Then I transfer them to a warm room, and they start stirring after a few hours. Once they have emerged fully, I put them in a luke warm bath to get them re-hydrated (they take in water through their cloaca and also drink it), put them under their heat lamps, and then offer them food. They start eating in a minimum of a few hours, and a maximum of a few days. I bath them a few times a day for a week or two to keep up hydration.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 81792
    Awww! He is sweet!
    Kind of sad to see them in the fridge like that Looks like they are waiting to be dinner or something..
    Some of my friends have been doing it for 30+ Years and they still haven't gotten used to it. I think its a Human thing, it seems so un-natural, and the connotations we have with fridges being for eating don't help either.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    can i just say a Tort is for life, not just for christmas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 81804
    can i just say a Tort is for life, not just for christmas!
    LOL, Should read "A tort is for yours and your gran-childs life, not just for Christmas!" They live for ageesss
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 81805
    LOL, Should read "A tort is for yours and your gran-childs life, not just for Christmas!" They live for ageesss
    doh! how long do you expect a pet tortoise like yours to live then Josh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 81806
    doh! how long do you expect a pet tortoise like yours to live then Josh?
    A friend has a 138 year old tortoise, she adopted it from a lady, who originally got it from her Nan, another has a 100year old tortoise, I know a few others around 80-90 generally, they say that if they die before 80 they die early.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwwww

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234