Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling for Christmas cookies!!

Post Thanks / Like
    mmm what date and time is dessert Tink? I shall be there with bells on!

Post Thanks / Like
    K. You'd be more than welcome.

Oh! Meant to ask. Are your cookies soft, or crisp?
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    They tend to be soft and chewy. I don't particularly care for crisp cookies (except for the ginger snaps).

I don't usually have much of a sweet tooth but Christmas seems to be the exception to the rule.

Oh! I meant to ask....what is Shelly's recipe? I must have missed that somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same here. I like soft cookies but for the linzer and the shortbread. Shelly gave me the recipe several year ago.

I'm not truly much of a sweets person either. Fat now? That's a different story.

But Christmas makes things taste better.
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    :tongue: I always joke that I have a fat tooth! Five me something crunchy, salty and full of fat and I am a happy camper. Potato chips are a particular weakness.....

Shelly, please share the recipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite has always been the original Toll House Cookie
    I bake those, Peanut Butter, Hershey Kiss cookies, those rolled up nut cookies ( can't remember what they are called, but its a Jewish recipe ) they are great . Cutout cookies and red velvet cupcakes with cream chesse icing that I make from scratch . Oh and Banana Nut Breads .
    My cookies are soft also as I use Land of Lakes Butter in everything .
    No wonder my cholestral is 279 . The doctor says I'm a heart attack waiting to happen .
    Well, you know what ? I stopped smoking, rarely drink and just live a boring life . So, I eat good . I told the doctor, we all have to die of something . LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Dry spicy sausage like sopressata, bread, olives... I have gone to heaven. Nuts of almost any sort... that sort of thing. I LOVE pepperoni and cheese!
    Ooooh, and baked brie. Any cheese nearly... (not a huge fan of cheddar).

I'm not so thrilled with potato chips. They've never been a favorite. Buttery, salty popcorn now. Stand back!

Derailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh my grandma makes the best red velvet cake.....mmmmmm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 81853
    Dry spicy sausage like sopressata, bread, olives... I have gone to heaven. Nuts of almost any sort... that sort of thing. I LOVE pepperoni and cheese!
    Ooooh, and baked brie. Any cheese nearly... (not a huge fan of cheddar).

I'm not so thrilled with potato chips. They've never been a favorite. Buttery, salty popcorn now. Stand back!

Derailing.

oh god I am a glutton for some cheese. I do love a nice sharp cheddar. I don't think I've met a cheese I didn't like.

Oh yes and nuts are wonderful.....at least they are a good fat. My absolute favorite nut is the Brazil nut, then the cashew, then macadamia, I could go on and on :tongue:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 81853
    OK, I'm hungry now . I love all these treats you mentioned Sister Tink .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast