Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling for Christmas cookies!!

Post Thanks / Like
    See now? Red velvet cake has never done a thing for me. My grandmother used to make a banana cake. It was wicked good, but she'd ruin it (EVERYONE else liked it) with something called seven minute frosting? It was sickly sweet.

I was the only kid in the neighborhood who never wanted a frosted birthday cake. :spring: I hated all that sweet stuff. Mama made me though. Said everyone else wanted frosting... I'd just cut it off my cake.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooh, we could have SOME kinda picnic, huh Sister Tinker?

I love pistachios, and pecans, and cashews, Virginia peanuts (yep, I'm that fussy) macadamias... all need to be salted though. Skip that raw nonsense.

Oh, that's another Christmas thing I make. Rosemary Cayenne Walnuts. Wicked yummy (and spicy).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a wicked sweet tooth when I was a little kid. Pixie sticks, cotton candy, frosting, all of that stuff makes me ill now. Sometime in my tween years, it went the way of the fat tooth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ewww! Ewwww! Ewwww! Nope. Never as a kid. Moreso as an adult, but still more of a fat/savoury type.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 81865
    Oooh, we could have SOME kinda picnic, huh Sister Tinker?

I love pistachios, and pecans, and cashews, Virginia peanuts (yep, I'm that fussy) macadamias... all need to be salted though. Skip that raw nonsense.

Oh, that's another Christmas thing I make. Rosemary Cayenne Walnuts. Wicked yummy (and spicy).
    oh that sounds good!! I love rosemary.

I forgot all about pecans and pistachios!! YUM. There is a place down Rt 460called the Virginia Diner. They have peanuts in everything. You would love it. They have a peanut pie too (instead of pecans)

Post Thanks / Like
    I LoVe pistachios and cashews . Have you ever tried Friendlys Pistachio Ice Cream ? Oh, Dear, I can sit and eat the whole half gallon .
    I cut the sugar in half when making my icing as I agree , I can't stand anything being too sickning sweet anymore .
    Pat & Kim's wedding cake ? You could taste the sugar bits in the icing . It was so sweet, it was nasty .

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm pretty fussy about my nuts. I mostly like them unadorned. Just the salt though! I'm not a huge fan of pecan pie. That's Herself's liking.

I like peanut butter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Planters makes these nut mixes, Pistachio Lovers Mix, Pecan Lovers Mix... The Pecan Lovers has pecans, pistachios and cashews.

No, I've not tried that ice cream. Pistachio is hard to find! It's used for spumoni. I'll have to remember where to get it!

Post Thanks / Like
    ok we went to this peanut butter and jelly restaurant in NYC last Jan. They have all sorts of flavored peanut butter. The cinnamon raisin peanut butter I can eat with a spoon all by itself.....mmmmm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 81881
    Planters makes these nut mixes, Pistachio Lovers Mix, Pecan Lovers Mix... The Pecan Lovers has pecans, pistachios and cashews.

No, I've not tried that ice cream. Pistachio is hard to find! It's used for spumoni. I'll have to remember where to get it!
    Hmmm I can always get pistachio ice cream here. I remember uscwest mentioning he couldn't find it either.

Have you had the pistachio creme brulee at Jiko? WOW is all I can say.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast