Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling for Christmas cookies!!

Post Thanks / Like
    See now? Red velvet cake has never done a thing for me. My grandmother used to make a banana cake. It was wicked good, but she'd ruin it (EVERYONE else liked it) with something called seven minute frosting? It was sickly sweet. :(

I was the only kid in the neighborhood who never wanted a frosted birthday cake. :spring: I hated all that sweet stuff. Mama made me though. Said everyone else wanted frosting... I'd just cut it off my cake.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooh, we could have SOME kinda picnic, huh Sister Tinker? :D :D

I love pistachios, and pecans, and cashews, Virginia peanuts (yep, I'm that fussy) macadamias... all need to be salted though. Skip that raw nonsense.

Oh, that's another Christmas thing I make. Rosemary Cayenne Walnuts. Wicked yummy (and spicy).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a wicked sweet tooth when I was a little kid. Pixie sticks, cotton candy, frosting, all of that stuff makes me ill now. Sometime in my tween years, it went the way of the fat tooth.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ewww! Ewwww! Ewwww! Nope. Never as a kid. Moreso as an adult, but still more of a fat/savoury type. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 81865
    Oooh, we could have SOME kinda picnic, huh Sister Tinker? :D :D

I love pistachios, and pecans, and cashews, Virginia peanuts (yep, I'm that fussy) macadamias... all need to be salted though. Skip that raw nonsense.

Oh, that's another Christmas thing I make. Rosemary Cayenne Walnuts. Wicked yummy (and spicy).
    oh that sounds good!! I love rosemary.

I forgot all about pecans and pistachios!! YUM. There is a place down Rt 460called the Virginia Diner. They have peanuts in everything. You would love it. They have a peanut pie too (instead of pecans)

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I LoVe pistachios and cashews . Have you ever tried Friendlys Pistachio Ice Cream ? Oh, Dear, I can sit and eat the whole half gallon .
    I cut the sugar in half when making my icing as I agree , I can't stand anything being too sickning sweet anymore .
    Pat & Kim's wedding cake ? You could taste the sugar bits in the icing . It was so sweet, it was nasty .

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm pretty fussy about my nuts. I mostly like them unadorned. :D Just the salt though! I'm not a huge fan of pecan pie. That's Herself's liking.

I like peanut butter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Planters makes these nut mixes, Pistachio Lovers Mix, Pecan Lovers Mix... The Pecan Lovers has pecans, pistachios and cashews. :D :D

No, I've not tried that ice cream. Pistachio is hard to find! It's used for spumoni. I'll have to remember where to get it!

Post Thanks / Like
    ok we went to this peanut butter and jelly restaurant in NYC last Jan. They have all sorts of flavored peanut butter. The cinnamon raisin peanut butter I can eat with a spoon all by itself.....mmmmm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 81881
    Planters makes these nut mixes, Pistachio Lovers Mix, Pecan Lovers Mix... The Pecan Lovers has pecans, pistachios and cashews. :D :D

No, I've not tried that ice cream. Pistachio is hard to find! It's used for spumoni. I'll have to remember where to get it!
    Hmmm I can always get pistachio ice cream here. I remember uscwest mentioning he couldn't find it either.

Have you had the pistachio creme brulee at Jiko? WOW is all I can say.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast