Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Calling for Christmas cookies!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds wicked!!

I used to eat peanut butter by the tablespoon full. Sometimes I would dip it in melted chocolate. :spring: Never gained an ounce either! Then.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Now that sounds really good, Johnie . I LoVe cinnamon , so I know I would like it . I never heard of the PB&J restaurant . Jim loves and I do mean loves Peant Butter . Will have to take him there .

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the place in NYC http://www.ilovepeanutbutter.com/

They sell the peanut butter in some grocery stores.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    the pitachio ice cream I buy is made by Friendlys . You know, the restaurant ? Do they have them in FL ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 81895
    Here is the place in NYC http://www.ilovepeanutbutter.com/

They sell the peanut butter in some grocery stores.
    Oh, WoW , Thank You Sweetie !

Post Thanks / Like
    We have Friendly's here.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I Like Friendly's ! We finally got a Sonic here .
    Now back to goodies . The nut roll cookies I make are called Rugelach .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 81821

She also made strufoli. Little bits of sweet dough that she'd roll into a small (long) rope and cut into bits. She'd fry the dough, then layer them to form a Christmas tree shape. They held their shape due to more honey. And sprinkles of nonpareils went on those too.

It would not be Christmas if I didn't get strufoli!!! My Nana never really made it, but would always pick up a tray for me. I don't think that is going to happen this year, so I think I am going to be very brave and make it myself. We shall see how that turns out

Ok I was looking for the peanut butter cookie recipe and I found three I haven't made them in a few years, so I can't figure out which one I used all the time. Maybe Tink can share it?

Other than that I tend to make a few different cookies each year and try something new that I always thought was too hard. I guess since my Nana isn't doing so well, that I am trying to take on some of things she did so they get passed onto my children. I am making gingerbread cookies, sugar cookies, tea time tassies, butter balls, fudge melt-aways, shortbread thumb prints, chocolate crinkles, no bake fudge cookies, and I think I will make Johnie's rock cookies

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone like German Stollen . I don't make it, but my DMIL orders them in fresh from Germany . I know its sold at the Gingerbread House in the GF .
    Johnie , if you get over there . You have to sample it . It's Yummy !

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds good.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast