Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Calling for Christmas cookies!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It is definately off the beaten path Julie. But, thanks to a very helpful Subway employee, we were able to find it. Be warned that the actual shop is VERY tiny. I had the cinnamon raisin peanutbutter with cream cheese and Granny Smith apple slices. It was very good. I think Rebecca had the white chocolate and Alysia had the Elvis without the bacon. Jordan got a plain pb&j

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 81796
    That I can do

Johnie Mae's Christmas Rock Cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup butter
    1 cups sugar
    3 eggs
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    2 tablespoons hot water
    1 pound raisins
    1 pound nuts (usually use walnuts)
    1 pound dates
    1 tablespoon cloves
    Pinch salt
    3 cups plain flour
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    cup candied cherries or mixed fruit for fruit cake (i use green and red candied cherries for color)

Directions:

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and blend well. Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water. Add to creamed mixture. Add raisins,nuts, dates, cloves, salt, flour and the cinnamon mixed together then add candied cherries. Add this mixture to the creamed mixture. Drop by teaspoons full on cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes
    Johnie - I made these last night and they are just wonderful!! Dh is hiding them way in the back of the cabinet and has growled at anyone who comes close to his cookies Everything worked just perfect, but I do have to say it was a bit of a mistake to start them so late at night. I thought that I had time to make one more cookie before bed

So if I had to put a warning on these cookies...it makes like 100,000 so leave plenty of time! When I mixed up that h u g e bowl of dough I was like Oh geez.. They are wonderful though..thank you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooh, they make a lot?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 85473
    Ooooh, they make a lot?
    It called for the dough to be done by the tsp full and I did more like a full tablespoon (no sense in making tiny cookies with Dh around) and I think I ended up with more than 8 dozen It was a crazy big bowl of dough

Post Thanks / Like
    :tongue: oh yes, it makes a TON of cookies! I'm sorry I didn't warn you.

That is so funny, DH and my dad both do the growling thing too :tongue: I have to make a batch for each of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 85694
    :tongue: oh yes, it makes a TON of cookies! I'm sorry I didn't warn you.

That is so funny, DH and my dad both do the growling thing too :tongue: I have to make a batch for each of them.
    I guess they are men-cookies I have been taking them out of the container when he isn't looking though They are very yummy and very Christmas like with all the fruit I think they will be on the cookie list from now on!

Post Thanks / Like
    they are my favorite cookies.

The very first time I made them, I decided to save money and buy walnuts in the shell. Oh.my.goodness.....never again. Shelled walnuts are worth EVERY PENNY

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I've made 7 doz sugar cookies, about 6 dozon gingerbread, and 5 doz snickerdoodles. I'm so done...eating them that is.
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456