Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giving Directions

Post Thanks / Like
    Not that I actually *could* mind you, since I couldn't find my way out of a cardboard box...but...do you find it acceptable to give the cab driver directions as to how you'd like him to take you to your destination?

Do cab drivers find this acceptable?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care what the cabbie finds acceptable. If I know the way, I ALWAYS tell them.

Test it out. Don't tell them...they'll take you the long way 'round nearly every time.

I once had that happen when I was working at Javitz Center. When he finally let me out of the darn cab, I paid him. He asked after the tip. I told him he spent it on the long ride. Twit.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it IS acceptable. I swear some of them will go around their butt to find their thumb just so they can get a bigger fare!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! Well sometimes when we're in the city Jon will give the cabbie *very* specific instructions as to how he wants to go somewhere...they usually comply, but they're usually gruff about it...

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure they are.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep them moving along too. Especially in the city. (NY, I mean). Those cabbies are something else!!! I had one working in his checkbook one time! Sat at lights...

I am NOT the fare they want.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    But does that really benefit them? The bigger fare, I mean? Don't they just give it to the cab company?

Post Thanks / Like
    I somehow think they get part of that as their salary.....I could be wrong though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gruff? Not a smart idea. I have a totally different "mode" when I'm in the city. I had an acquaintance tell me one time it was a total personality change. Not quite that bad, but completely different level of social interaction. You need to be in control 100% of the time when you are there.

Love the place though. Would live in the Village again in heartbeat.

Post Thanks / Like
    ....continues to take notes.... you'll make a woman outta me yet, Tink

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast