Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tapioca

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll start by saying I love the stuff and haven't eaten it for years.

Saw a packet in Tesco this morning and thought I would buy some - now everyone else in the family thinks it's the pudding of the so I made some for myself for lunch.

This supposedly easy task has resulted in the saucepan boiling over and depositing sticky milky tapioca all over the hob, then I put it in the oven and managed to burn my arm in the process, I have just gone to take it out of the oven and it has boiled over leaving it's horrible stickiness all over the inside of the oven.

Now I have the whole oven to clean

I used to call myself a chef as well

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    YIKES!!! As you know, it's the milk. Did it end up being edible?

I really like tapioca myself. I prefer the larger tapioca (pearl) but will have any that someone is willing to give me! :D :D

I love the pearls in bubble q tea! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It was edible and tasted lovely thank goodness

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yummy stuff! Glad you found it!

Was it a packet of tapioca pudding mix, or just the tapioca itself?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It was just seed pearl tapioca, I simmered it with milk and a little sugar and then baked it in the oven I have never seen a mix for it here although we do have it in tins but that tastes completely different to making it yourself as usual and is not nearly as nice. Mind you it wouldn't have made as much mess

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I use, just the tapioca and then go on to make the pudding from that.

I can't imagine it from a tin.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a company here called Ambrosia - they make tinned and ready made in a carton custards and milk puddings. Their custard is good but there milk puddings not so much.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm wicked fussy about eating things from a tin. I can never seem to escape the metal taste in most products. I will use solid pack pumpkin to make a pie with, and sweetened condensed milk as an ingredient, as well as evaporated milk when a recipe calls for it. For the most part, I avoid tinned food. Too fussy by half, that's me. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Mmmm...tapioca. Delicious. I love sago amd semolina too.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Tapioca....blech, frog spawn!

Semolina's the one for me

Hope your arm's ok by the way, I'm always doing that - it drives me nuts!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast