Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tell us one of your Christmas Memories

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    'skip, that is real fatherly dedication!

My most memorable one from my own childhood is the year I was sick! I had some kind of measles type thing, and I still remember being set up on the sofa at my Nanna's house under a blanket, and unwrapping presents from there.

From Gareth's I think the one I remember most is his first - he was just 4 weeks old - I'll have to find the picture of my Dad dressed up as Santa with tiny crying baby in his arms! DH did the Christmas shopping that year as I was not in any state to do so - everyone got videos!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    These memories are just wonderful!! I'm all misty just reading them.

I'm trying to pick through mine and see what I want to share. Honestly though, I think this year is going to be one special memory. Everyone is going to be shocked to find out that we know what Pookie is

Post Thanks / Like
    It's wonderful to know that you are truly creating memories, isn't it, Shellyamc?

I've thought about some to add here, and learned that I have quite a few! Something to be very thankful of, eh?

Here's a quick one :D When I was four, Santa brought me a (metal) pink and white high chair for my dolls. I thought it would make a good seat for me! I did manage to get in it, but one of the legs started to buckle. My Da heard me and came to the rescue. He caught me and the chair before it fell, but the leg was permanently damaged. He did straighten it out and the silly thing lasted for years, but always with that crimple in the one leg. :spring:

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I really enjoyed reading over the memories you all posted. The memories are so special and so deeply felt that they become the strongest of memories...if that makes sense. Here is a picture of my DD Alex with her drum. (I had to take a picture with my camera, sorry about the quality of the shot...DD is on the desktop and I can't get into work the scanner properly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh. What a beautiful photo. Thank you so much for sharing the memory and the picture with us.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tink, no worries. Now if I can just figure out what happened to that little girl...who was that girl on the computer up stairs...she looks familiar...why do they have to grow up so fast?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea, 'Skip. It sure is hard though, seeing them grow up so fast.

But you'll always have her. Right where she most belongs, eh? That ol' heart of yours will carry her forever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alysia was a HUGE Barney fan back in the day. One Christmas Eve, when she was about 2 1/2 or 3 and decided she was going to serenade us with some songs while my sister played the piano. They played some Christmas tunes, Jesus Loves Me and then Alysia pipes up with, "ok let's play a good one now! The Barney Song!!"

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man, I have been trying really hard to put Barney out of my life forever! Thanks Johnie! That is too funny!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast