Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Anyone brought from Dell

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brigjton
    Posts
    2,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have just brought a new all in one pc from Dell and after going all though the finance and clicked to finsh, I haven't recieved any emails to confirm the order... Is this normal or do I need to phone Dell??????

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup we got email and a letter . I would just go to their " contact me page " and ask .

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chelmsford
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like
    You got problems too ??? Orderd a pink laptop for the wife and their confirmation order says black so emailed them and say cant change it so after some ranting emails they say i can cancel order and reorder the pink one....great that is as the discount offer is up tonight and i aint ordering another one incase they dont refund the first one...

    So be carefull... but you should have got a confirmation but they only work 9-5..

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brigjton
    Posts
    2,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm, post: 83168
    You got problems too ??? Orderd a pink laptop for the wife and their confirmation order says black so emailed them and say cant change it so after some ranting emails they say i can cancel order and reorder the pink one....great that is as the discount offer is up tonight and i aint ordering another one incase they dont refund the first one...

    So be carefull... but you should have got a confirmation but they only work 9-5..
    The order didn't go through untill about 6.30 tonight. I'll wait and see what I get tomorrow.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    why did you buy from them. noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brigjton
    Posts
    2,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 83190
    why did you buy from them. noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    I fell in love with the system and they were doing it for half price...
    I did look at the HP touch smart but nobody in the shop could tell me if it would work with other softwear, as I don't us HP software at home. Don't you like them????

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 83198
    I fell in love with the system and they were doing it for half price...
    I did look at the HP touch smart but nobody in the shop could tell me if it would work with other softwear, as I don't us HP software at home. Don't you like them????
    then thats all that matters laura if YOU like it and its suited your pocket

    what do you mean compatitble software why wouldnt it work on a HP???
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brigjton
    Posts
    2,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 83199
    then thats all that matters laura if YOU like it and its suited your pocket

    what do you mean compatitble software why wouldnt it work on a HP???
    It will work it's just they weren't sure if the touch screen would work with non HP software.

  9. #9
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    21,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    The story is that the touchscreen works in the normal windows applications in theory like a mouse.. so you can move the cursor and click on things by touching BUT in practice its too inaccurate to really work well so it just becomes maddeningly frustrating in anything other than hp software.

    I do think touch will become more important in the next year or so and we may see more support but right now, it's a bit of a novelty

    Dell is fine, honestly. I've used them for business and personal for many many years now and they, like everyone else, have had their bad patches but generally speaking you get exactly what you pay for.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com







  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chelmsford
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mick...the wife wanted a new one and pink caseing(so i dont get confused who's is who's) Dell had a nice one with good ram and memory and didnt see any in the shops like it plus they had 50 off the normal price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •