Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Sayings

Post Thanks / Like
    What's everyone's favorite saying? I'm sure everyone has got one that they really like.

I particularly enjoy this one, which I heard first on an episode of Two and Half Men..."you can't un-know something." Boy is that true.

I also enjoy this one, while it sounds mean, I promise it doesn't come from a bad place..."I love you, just not that much." This one has become my motto.

Post Thanks / Like
    Every tub sits on its own bottom...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    okey dokey

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 84042
    What's everyone's favorite saying? I'm sure everyone has got one that they really like.

I particularly enjoy this one, which I heard first on an episode of Two and Half Men..."you can't un-know something." Boy is that true.
    True, but if you fry enough brain cells you can forget it. LOL

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    So true.

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of times I say "and you're telling me this because..." My mother sometimes tells me really longwinded stories that make no sense. She needs to go back to work and be around people other than her grandson all day!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Let's see...probably the one I love the most is, "....bless their heart." My grandmother was a firm believe that you could say ANYTHING about another person or a situation that you wanted to as long as you followed it up with "...bless their heart..." Invoking that phrase removed any malice from your statement...I.E. "She is dumb as dirt...bless her heart." "That woman couldn't find her way out of a grocery bag...bless her heart." :D

I bless *lots* of hearts.

Post Thanks / Like
    YOu can also substitute "God love her/him" for bless her heart

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie0610, post: 84508
    A lot of times I say "and you're telling me this because..." My mother sometimes tells me really longwinded stories that make no sense. She needs to go back to work and be around people other than her grandson all day!
    Well at least you are trying to get the meaning out of the story and how it pertains to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 84509
    Let's see...probably the one I love the most is, "....bless their heart." My grandmother was a firm believe that you could say ANYTHING about another person or a situation that you wanted to as long as you followed it up with "...bless their heart..." Invoking that phrase removed any malice from your statement...I.E. "She is dumb as dirt...bless her heart." "That woman couldn't find her way out of a grocery bag...bless her heart." :D

I bless *lots* of hearts.
    Ahhhh, yes. This sounds like a wonderful phrase to start saying. Think of all the wonderful things I could get away with.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Just Ducky!"

My father used to say that when someone asked him how he was. His tone conveyed the answer. :)

Seemed appropriate, considering who started the thread!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast