Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it time to talk about Christmas Dinner, yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what we'll have for Christmas dinner. I need to talk to Lib, my cousin's wife, before the weekend so we can coordinate our efforts. I'll probably bake bread or dinner rolls and holiday cut-out cookies--it's one of my excuses to make them! Possibly make some basic veggies--they all like things with onions or garlic mixed in or marshmallows melted on top. I like plain, old, everyday, steamed veggies!

I'm planning to stay home Christmas eve rather than drive to their house and stay overnight, so breakfast will be whatever and whenever! It's a long, dark drive across the desert to/from their house at night, so I minimize my exposure to it. We usually have Christmas dinner around 4:00 p.m., so I'll be driving home in the dark that day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 84830
    I like plain, old, everyday, steamed veggies! .
    Oooh us too. Can't go spoiling veggies with sauces and stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 84787
    Shellyamc, how did I miss the Italian connection? I wondered when you commented on the strufoli... :D

Oh yes, we are a very Italian family

Post Thanks / Like
    Driving across deserts in the dark.... no no no no no... nada!

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you having?

Christmas eve is Lox and Bagels with all the extras :D Of course since Bob hates any kind of fish there also will be nice baked ham with the all the extras. Yes, my friends this is what you get for Christmas dinner when a nice Jewish girl marries a nice boy who isn't

Have you started to cook anything for it yet? (Sprouts don't count. ).

I have called the Deli and placed my order, does that count

Will you change anything do you think, before the dinner is actually prepared? (I'm notorious for doing this)!

Nope, menu is set in stone with my family

Do you plan on leftovers, or just hope you have some, or don't want them at all?

There will be plenty of left overs because I plan it that way so I won't have to cook for a few days!!

Don't limit your discussion to just the main meal of the day. How about Breakfast? What will you have? Lunch?

Left overs for breakfast and lunch and then for dinner Christmas day we go to my SILs parents house so again I don't have to cook

Post Thanks / Like
    4 (technically 5 if you include little baby Niamh, since my sisters bump will be at the table!)

We have the regular Turkey, pigs in blankets, and veggies (With mash potato, stuffing ect) for Mum, Dad and Jade.

I have a Nutroast, a few slices of quorn 'turkey', all of the veggies, and stuffing just on the plate. I also have vegetable gravy.

Christmas morning we usually have poached egg on toast, with orange juice and then a few chocolates (Greedy ... we know, but IT'S CHRIISSTTMMASSS!) afterwards. Usually we'll eat at 3-4pm for Christmas dinner, and then have cheese and crackers for tea at about 10pm. We have friends round on Christmas night (Mum and Dad's friends, who we went to Florida with).

This year we are having a family meal (on the 19th) with all of our 'extended family'- Aunts, Uncles, Cousins because we couldn't settle on a house to visit, and afterwards they are all coming to our house for a 'party'. Mum and Dad will be taking it easy as they have his christmas night out from work on the 20th.

Josh
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    There will be me DH, DS, DD and my Mum and Dad

What are you having?
    We don't have starters but Mum, DH & I always have champagne before dinner. The dinner will be stuffed saddle of Turkey (picking it up from the butchers already stuffed) roast beef, boiled new potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower & carrots for us and Petit Pois for my Dad. There will be gravy (UK style not US style ) & cranberry sauce. DS has autism so he'll have turkey meat, beef and plain pasta with parmasan

Desert (which will be much later) will be Christmas pud with cream for DH, Mum and Dad, a slice of chocolate fudge cake for DS and meringue and fruit for DD & I

No - I'll do all the cooking on Christmas morning

Will you change anything do you think, before the dinner is actually prepared? (I'm notorious for doing this)!
    No

Do you plan on leftovers, or just hope you have some, or don't want them at all?
    My parents come over again the next day and we have another joint of roast beef with leftover turkey and similar vegetables to the day before

Don't limit your discussion to just the main meal of the day. How about Breakfast? What will you have? Lunch?
    Breakfast will the the usual cereal and in the evening there might be turkey sandwiches if everyone is not too full from sweets.
    ~July 2009 ~ 5 weeks in Florida AKV, Villa, Vero, BLT, SSR & GF~
    ~October 2009 ~ WL, CR Tower Club & BLT~
    ~August 2010 ~ DCL and Bay Lake Towers~

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you having?

To start with smoked salmon and prawns.and then Stuffed M&S Turkey, Roast Beef and a Ham. There will be 10 of us round my table for Christmas Dinner. We also have cauliflower cheese, sprouts brocoli,carrots,parsnips,roasted veg. Pigs in blankets,little sausages and stuffing. For pudding Trifle, Fruit salad and an apple pie. Oh just remembered yorshire puddings(with main course)

But sprouts do count. Texture is everything. But no l haven't started anything yet

I doubt it but l have been known to as more people have come than l remembered inviting.(blame Vodka)

As the great Kylie sang "l should be so lucky2. I have an aversion to turkey leftovers. Every boxing day morning,we would wake up and one of my grannys would be boiling the turkey bones for broth and stock. YUCK

Love breakfast. First bottle of bubbles is opened at 8a.m We then have bagels and bacon sarnies and pan au chocolats. Chocolate and more bubbles. This is usually at about 10ish. We eat our "lunch" at 3ish and never have tea. The wine is very important and l am off to buy the christmas wine tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Stuffed M&S Turkey
    I need to take more time when I read something, I saw this as M&M and then wondered why anyone would stuff the turkey with choklit

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy, post: 84948
    I need to take more time when I read something, I saw this as M&M and then wondered why anyone would stuff the turkey with choklit
    Obviously you've never had turque de chocolat a la Josh
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast