Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats in a childs name ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jimminey's bakery department at Shop Rite refused to decorate a birthday cake for a 3 year old child by the name of Adolph Hitler . This has made the NEWS nationally and internationally . The parents are crying discrimination . Their other two daughters have unusual tasteless names as well .
    I'd like to get your thoughts

Post Thanks / Like
    my only thoughts are how sorry i feel for those children.......

Post Thanks / Like
    The parents should be drawn and quartered, but the child deserves a birthday cake. It isn't his fault his parents are idiots.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I read this article this morning. I feel sorry for the poor children.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the names I see make me want to slap the parents over and over. Do they not realize that this is not just some cute little thing they are going to call their child at home?? These poor little things have to go to school!

This really pushes my buttons

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, my heart goes out to the children, and perhaps they can change their names when they get older.

Until then the child is being penalized for the parents stupidity.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I am all for knowing that we all have our biases and are going to raise our kids to believe things we believe.

But to put your kids at such a disadvantage as to teach them how to be racist and give them names that will brand them as such for life - that is just cruel.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Post Thanks / Like
    Shop Rite offered to do the cake with Happy Birthday Adolph or leave it blank, but not write Adolph Hitler . They are standing by their decision .
    I also agree that these parents are idiots . It infuriates me that the father collects SS due to emphysema . Pleazzzzzz, my husband has emphysema and a couple weeks back had a respiratory therapist coming to the house, he was so bad . His wife also collects SS for a bad back . BooHoo And of course now, they are going to file a lawsuit .
    Do you think Shop Rite was wrong ? I personally don't , but you ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Not only do I not think that Shop Rite was wrong it looks like there may be some changes coming at Walmart too.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, thats good news for Shop Rite .
    Jim feels terrible for that poor little boy . He made a good point where was his 1st or 2 nd year cake done or NOT , now he's 3 and they decide they want to have his full birth name done on the cake ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast