Thread: TIP: Save on Taxi Cab fares

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of the places you'll go to will be closer to downtown disney than to your hotel.

So, you can save a lot of money, upto $20 each way, by taking a free Disney bus to downtown disney and then getting a cab from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow that is a great tip, must remember to do this next August
    wDisneySecrets.com Ticker

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooh yeah good idea lol xx

[/URL]

Nation to Nation, All the world must come together. Face the problems that we see, then maybe somehow we can work it out.
    I asked my neighbour for a favour she said later. What has come of all the people have we lost love of what its about?
    I have to find my piece cos noone seems to let me be. False prophets, cry of doom, what are the posibilities?
    I told my brother there'll be problems times and tears for fears. We must live each day like its the last.

Michael, u r my life. I love u so much.

August 29th 1958 - June 25th 2009 xxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Going to DTD is always a good idea. You certainly do save on fares.

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    If you feel particularly energetic you can walk to Crossroads along Hotel Plaza Blvd. I've done it and it's not such a bad walk. There are any number of restaurants "up there" and no cab fare needed.

Do stay away from the grocery store there though. It's so overpriced it's higher than WDW prices. The food is second rate too. Often spoiling produce and off meat. Eeeeeyuck!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    When I asked at Guests Services at DTD about getting a Disney Bus to MK - they said they did not do it anymore as people were parking at DTD then going to MK & then there was no parking left for their customers!!!

We caught the Lynx buses to & from I'Drive which did save a fortune (apart from at night when we did get taxi's!!)

DTD to Premium outlets in taxi cost approx $12-$15 - we would then jump on I-ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's correct. WDW does not run buses from DTD to the parks anymore. You have to take a bus from a WDW resort. (Or, I believe the TTC near MK).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 5745
    ....Do stay away from the grocery store there though. It's so overpriced it's higher than WDW prices. The food is second rate too. Often spoiling produce and off meat. Eeeeeyuck!
    I agree - It's a complete rip off. I saw a bottle of wine in there that was about $14 and the exact same bottle in Target was $7
    ~July 2009 ~ 5 weeks in Florida AKV, Villa, Vero, BLT, SSR & GF~
    ~October 2009 ~ WL, CR Tower Club & BLT~
    ~August 2010 ~ DCL and Bay Lake Towers~

Post Thanks / Like
    Nasty store. They get people because it's so close and many don't know that there is a Publix a very short distance from there. It's really better to purchase your items on Disney property than there. (Granted, they do have a larger selection, but truly it's not worth the cost, plus the low quality).