Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cirque du soleil

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all, I have read a little about cirque du soleil. what is it ? is it value for money ? where is it located ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disney1sttimer, post: 581
    Hi all, I have read a little about cirque du soleil. what is it ? is it value for money ? where is it located ?
    Cirque is at the end of Downtown disney, it's a huge circus tent shaped thing and you can't miss it unless you try really hard :p

It's a bit expensive but really worth it! They do have some "dark" weeks where they don't perform at all and shows can book up so advisable to book early.

Also, there is SOME audience participation but no where NEAR as scary as blue man group over at universal <shudder>

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disney1sttimer, post: 581
    It is an absolutely amazing acrobatic,balletic show which will leave you wanting more. When I first went to see it I didnt know what to expect and I was stunned and amazed at what I had seen. It is out of this world and I would highly recommend trying to fit it in to your disney schedule.
    The prices vary to where you are sitting in the theatre. The best seats invariably the most expensive but wherever you are sitting you will still experience the fantastic atmosphere.
    The theatre is located at downtown disney westside. The theatre has been specially designed for the production of cirque du soleil "la nouba" and resembles a huge marquee.
    I have seen it twice and I cant wait to go again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Highly recommend this show.
    One not to be missed.
    wDisneySecrets.com Ticker

Post Thanks / Like
    Although pricey, it's well worth the cost. It's 90 minutes of non-stop action. You really need to see it more than once to take it all in.

It's a great event to save for something special. We went on Christmas Eve and it was wonderful.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I must admit for the first 5 minutes i wondered why everyone raved about it but when i got into full swing my socks were blown off. Excellent show you will love it. Yes it is worth the money.

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG it's awesome and worth every last cent of the ticket price. Even Adrian was blown away by it and he's Mr Laid Back about everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    we ve booked it! do you know if we have to get dressed up?

Post Thanks / Like
    There's no dress code. We saw everything from shorts and tees through to full evening dress. Go in what you feel comfortable in. It is air conditioned.

Post Thanks / Like
    It makes a lovely night of it if you plan to have your dinner at DTD, too. Depending upon the time of the Cirque performance you have selected, you can make ADRs at several of the places. House of Blues is really neat.

Give Bongo's a miss for dinner though. They are ok for lunch, but not much more than that.

Raglan Road is always a good choice too, but if you try to have dinner there before your Cirque performance you just may be late! It's so much fun there in the evenings you won't want to leave!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast