Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dawn! Skywatcher! Look!

Post Thanks / Like
    I drive Adrian mad when we drive anywhere. I sit next to him pointing out the window saying "there's a cache over there"

Post Thanks / Like
    Tomorrow we are off to hunt for our first cache. What is a good thing to take with us to leave in the box?

Post Thanks / Like
    something dead
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 87792
    Tomorrow we are off to hunt for our first cache. What is a good thing to take with us to leave in the box?
    keyrings pencils tissues kids toys such as car or scoobie type things erm pond coin anything really depends on the size of bo your hunting

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a box of stuff to leave in caches. If it's a micro there won't be room but if it's a standard cache then I leave things like badges, toy cars, stickers, little sets of pencils, key rings, little things like that. McDonald's happy meal toys pop up in a lot of my local caches. Marbles are popular. Pens are good, because someone will always forget theirs.

I went through a phase in October of leaving giant rubber spiders in caches.

The main rules are - no food, not even wrapped sweets because wildlife will sniff it out. And leave something you would be happy with a child finding - I had to clear a cigarette lighter and a condom from one of my caches.

Good luck. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, thank you for the info! We've chosen to leave a Mr Happy keyring. The cache we've picked is very local to us at a country park 5 mins away. It says it has a number of things you can trade so Owen will be the one to chose what we swap. I may post photos!

Post Thanks / Like
    I still think something dead is the best suggestion here
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    josh behave young man lol there are strict rules and its governed by the mafia if you leave naughty things you get in trouble :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well we had great fun!! We found our first cache and swapped a Mr Men keyring for a Shell keyring.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh the excitement

i like the dead thing idea or a rubber snake

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast