Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ranting and venting

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, so I am currently having one of those moments where lots of things are bothering me and need to rant/vent some. First off, I want to be done with school so badly. I know that with moving I have added another year and yeah, that's my fault, but I soooo wish that I was on internship. I just want to be working and have somewhat of a normal schedule. I had one year off and remember fondly going to work and then coming home and doing what I wanted for the evening or the weekend. I feel like a hamster on a wheel, working really hard and going no where. I know I'm going somewhere, but I'm not getting to enjoy the scenes.

And secondly, I am so tired of renting. I want to buy my own home. I am tired of having to depend on others. The weather has gotten quite warm and we are supposed to have lots of rain. Anyway, I get up this morning and notice that I have water stains on the wall. Some look bad to me. I call the landlord and am basically told, with the weather now, no one will look at it right now(ie: that means the home owners association). To me it looks bad and think that someone should at least look at it, so I took a picture and sent it to them. Hopefully they will look at it on Monday and see that's not a pretty situation. You know, I have renters insurance but I don't want to have to use it.

And lastly, two other things that are bothering...I want to lose weight faster and I would like to be working to have some money.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Girl...you have no idea how much I understand those exact words...mine may not have been going to school and what some people "starting life" but all that skittles and rainbows crap...i get it.

Seriously before you know it youll be thinking how quickly the time in school was and all the things you went thru to get where you are going..know that there are people very proud of you. One thing at a time girl...it will all happen before you know it!

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys!

I just got an email, after sending a picture of the damage, and they are going to call the home owner's association on Monday to hopefully get it fixed.

I realize in the big picture that going to school for alllll these years will be worth it, but sometimes it just feels like that's all I've done.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's hard when you have all this energy inside you ready to go on with life and life is moving at a snails pace. At least you aren't giving up on your ambitions! Everyone needs a little reassuring/motivation every once in awhile. Especially when you're doing something solo like being in school. We're here to jump-start you again Ducky!

Glad they are coming to take a look at the damage. You did the right thing bytaking pics.
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    That's exactly it...a snails pace. I am too glad about taking the pictures. One of my wiser moments.

Post Thanks / Like
    my boy is in the same boat he is itching to get a job and working, but hes been at college for his third year this year and off to university next year but he knows at the end of it he will be so much better off for it...just hang in there
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely feel his frustration. :D I've said that I'm a student for so long it will be hard to say I'm a psychologist once it happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try it this way Billie, if you were already practicing as a psychologist and someone came in feeling exactly the same way you do now, what would you say to them?

It's all relative honey and in the not too distant future you will be in the postion of helping others who might be stuck in the same spot you are now.

You WILL get through school with flying colors and I'm so proud of you that you've stuck with it and are doing so well

Post Thanks / Like
    well said, Dorothy .
    For you Billie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast