Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diet for 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    ok I'm trying again :( how did everyone do in 2008?

Did anyone find a diet that worked for them and kept the pounds off without starving themselves?

Because I'm not starting till January, it's ok to have some quality street now isnt it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have reduced calories and having been doing loads of exercising. Once I get to my goal weight I will know how many calories I need to eat to maintain that weight and I will keep to that. I have lost 23 pounds and have another 22 to go. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be jumping on the wagon about mid-may I didn't gain much weight with Katelyn and I haven't gained any with Pookie here, but I have a lot of extra to loose overall.

Post Thanks / Like
    2008 was a fantastic year for me. I'm exactly 5 and a half stone lighter now than I was this time last year. I have 2 st left to shift to get to a weight I am happy with. This last 2 st. is going to take some extra work I think as it's not going as quickly!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is mighty impressive Claire!

I will also be hefting myself onto the wagon starting 2nd Jan 2009. I need to lose 3 stone (42 pounds) - have ordered excercise bike and will commence pedal pushing - hopefully exhaustion will prevent me from eating

Post Thanks / Like
    It's so hard in the winter months to eat healthy as all the healthy foods aren't growing! (at least up North!) I'm not a huge fan of 'canned' veggies (although DS loves 'em!) so I usually buy loads of frozen ones. They sell little containers here now that is just enough for 2 people and they are quite tastey.

I also try to do my cardio after dinner time. That way I don't eat dessert because I feel that would undo all my hard work! Plus I usually fill up on water while exercising.
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    fanbloomintastic Claire!! i am the same as i was a year ago which in itself is a bonus but i need to lose some more. I want to lose 40 pounds this year, 30 by July 15th -very achievable i believe. I will just have to be disciplined - i know i can do it. I want to scare the fish by wearing a bikini

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all. What I need advice on now is how to lose the excess tummy I've been left with!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooh! Congratulations to Claire, FD and everyone who had positive results in 2008!

I'm at the same weight as last year, which is rather miraculous. I was on the DL (disabled list) 8 months this year and had difficulty even walking most of that time. Leg injuries take so long to heal--and I usually manage to add a few more to the list before I'm functional again. The old "shin bone's connected to the knee bone..." syndrome. While I'm favouring one area, I injure something else.

However, I've just recently returned to the in-home walking program (only one mile and I can't quite manage the full mile yet) and I've been doing Pilates for nearly two months. And if I managed to get through 2008 without gaining weight, there might be hope that I can lose some in 2009! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Taja I've tried so hard to get into pilates. Do you find it easy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast