Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else not like new years eve?

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps it's just us but we just don't DO new years

Christmas is great but new years always seems a bit depressing

Post Thanks / Like
    It can indeed be a bit melancholy for me...depending on what the previous year has brought...

But for me, it is never a bad thing to be surrounded by great friends, good drink and lots of laughter...

And at the end of the day, it is merely symbolic really...I've come to learn that we should live our life to the fullest each day.

Post Thanks / Like
    i must admit, Christmas has always been the biggie for me - when i was younger and we used to go into town for a few beers/wines/whatever on NYE i was never really *that* into it.

Doing that with friends on Christmas Eve was always more ...i dunno.....exciting i guess, but then i LOVE Christmas and always have!

Of course i only did that when i was old enough to partake in alcoholic beverages, i don't mean my parents used to drag us kiddies out on a pub crawl or anything like that!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a big fan either goofygal, I know where you are coming from.

I spent lots of years feeling like I had to do something - now I am quite happy not to do anything

I would actually like to go into London now that they have the fireworks but I wouldn't drag the kids up there yet. Did the whole Trafalgar Square thing years ago and it was such an anti climax - you had to wait for the news to filter through that Big Ben had struck 12

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 88853
    I'm not a big fan either goofygal, I know where you are coming from.

I spent lots of years feeling like I had to do something - now I am quite happy not to do anything

I would actually like to go into London now that they have the fireworks but I wouldn't drag the kids up there yet. Did the whole Trafalgar Square thing years ago and it was such an anti climax - you had to wait for the news to filter through that Big Ben had struck 12
    i always fancied doing the London thing, and even more so now that they have the London Eye fireworks, funnily enough i was just telling my sister earlier how we fancied going up there but then the 'sensible' head kicks in - how early do we have to get there to get anywhere near, where do we spend the night with the boys 'cos we'll never get home that night! i really do fancy it - one day, who knows!

My cousin is actually there tonight as far as i know, staying in the hotel right next to the London Eye! She's mad, i thought they couldn't afford that!

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't do New Year either.

Did enough New Years when I was younger. And I have to get up for work in the morning as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend went a few years ago and got a cheap last minute hotel. That is the way to do it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Never do it - don't really see the point - glad i'm not alone :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 88867
    A friend went a few years ago and got a cheap last minute hotel. That is the way to do it

oooo didn't think of that!

Post Thanks / Like
    We never go out on NYE. I am always scared too. We usually make loads of appetizers, watch movies and Alysia always had friends spend the night.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast