Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need a hug..

Post Thanks / Like
    No babe. It's a terrible illness. It robs us of our loved one right before our very eyes. :( Would that it could be different for you, for her Shellyamc.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I know Shelly..it is hard..specially when you can remember when she was "normal" (for lack of a better word)

I had to go thru that with my grandfather. It was weird. He would forget who most of us were but as soon as my son walked into the room he knew EXACTLY who he was..course my grandpa didnt have a son and Derrick was as close as he got.

Now when my grandma passed it was opposite...sharp as a tack (the last thing she spoke was to me and asked where and how my kids were) but her body was just not there..the begining of the end was when she broke her back (the same time my grandpa passed) trying to open the garage..she was just so upset that she could jump behind the washer and dryer to clean the floors or move the fridge to clean behind it.

Remember the good times. Remember her when she was "normal" but love her the way she is now for just that..all those wonderful memories she gave you. The everyday moments that "just" remind you of her.

Everyday for the last 4 months I have broken down crying because I miss her soooo much...she is still with me. Couple of weeks ago I was in the car and a song came on that the words reminded me of her and I just had to pull over..I couldnt see thru the tears. I was the only one in the car. The radio station changed...not to another preset but up the dial a bit...to turn the song off...she always hated to see me cry and she was the only real one who ever saw me soulfully cry.

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Your love for her reaches her Sarah.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sory Shelly. My nan has this as well and its hard. Its harder for the loved ones than the person themselves. My nan is in a nursing home now. They closed the home to visitors for 3 weeks up to christmas because of the winter vomiting bug. They opened the tuesday before christmas only to shut again christmas eve. My nan was screaming on the phone when my mum called her christmas day, this sent Beth off into floods of tears. Its not nice, my nan has good and bad days but the bad days are more frequent now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your hugs and support. It is just as wonderful to be able to share the bad moments as it is the good ones. It makes it easier to know I always have someone to come to..

right back to you all..

Post Thanks / Like
    to you Shelly. Alzheimer's is the worst disease for the family.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I'm late hun...but all the hugs you can stand
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    My husbands Nan has this also, i think she believes DS14 is my hubby as a boy sometimes. She has such a wicked sense of humour still though that she always makes us laugh with her antics, and she's as deaf as a doorpost too which makes the boys laugh when they try to have a conversation with her!

She likes to flirt and have a laugh with the men - she's a naughty girl!

She is now in a home and seems to have stabilised a little, but DH popped in to see her with the boys the other day and although she saw them coming through the window and knew who they were, when they got into her room she'd forgotten.

She knew that she knew them and that they were something to do with DH Mum, but didn't know who they were. She had a fall on Christmas Eve but nobody knew, even her, until the swelling and bruising came out. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 89669
    Thank you all for your hugs and support. It is just as wonderful to be able to share the bad moments as it is the good ones. It makes it easier to know I always have someone to come to..

right back to you all..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123