Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did you first find out about disneyworld?

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't remember that far back, but I think since my Father took me to see Sleeping Beauty when I was 6.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably TV adverts and hearing people talking about it. I remember wanting to go from being about 6 but thinking you needed to be rich to go there! When I was 13 and finally got to go I was astounded and it was seriously the best holiday ever.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Disneytime for me too. As Lisaw said, it was a Bank Holiday thing, and I used to look forward to it more than anything else on tv. It was about the magic of the movies for me too. I vividly remember going to see Bambi, Snow White, Peter Pan (and having to be carried out the first time as I was soooo scared of Hook!), the Aristocats... It wasn't until later Irealsied the parks were a real place and I always thought it must be like living in a Disney film all the time.

I never got the opportunity to go until I went to LA on business in 1990. We had a day off anad the American hosts gave us a choice of places we could go, including Seaworld I think, and they were gutted when my British colleague and I chose Disneyland right away, but being good hosts they had to take us! I remember, it was a weekend in August, boiling hot, so crowded, and we took the cable car ride and waited for 2 hours to go on Space Mountain. I loved it!!!!!! I remember loving the parade and getting "that" Disney feeling, and nothing that day could dampen my enthusiasm, even the fact that the others were so scared after Space Mountain that they wouldn't go on anything much else!

I went back the very next year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Another one who can thank Disneytime for introducing me to WDW. I remember telling my mum I was going there soon. It took me until I was 21 (last year) but I got there and now I take my children there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year!!!!!!!!!!!!! coughs and splutters....

Post Thanks / Like
    21 eh, Claire? Ah yes, that's right. I forgot you adopted your children when you were five. Silly of me to forget such a monumental event! :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I used to watch the Mickey Mouse Club back in the 1950's so that is where I first heard of Disneyland. Not sure when I first learned about Disney World as I was in Germany when it opened.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I think as soon as I was removed from my mothers womb i was at Disneyland. (erm not joking here..first trip was when I was 2 weeks old..my grandparents took me..grandma thought a 2 week old needed to see Disneyland in 1973 at Christmastime but then we only lived 100 miles from it) My mother had always wanted to go to WDW but could never talk my dad into it...well they got divorced when i was 21 and my mom was taking us to WDW by 1998 (I was 25)

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    I grew up at and with Disneyland. We visited the first time two weeks after it opened. I was three, so I'm not sure how my parents discovered it. Probably newspaper, radio or television advertisements.

WDW was introduced by Walt Disney on The Wonderful World of Colour programme--and I always wanted to visit it. Finally managed my first visit in 1981, and was a bit disappointed after a lifetime at Disneyland! MK was the only park and the overall concept was terrific, but the park itself was a bit of a let down for me. Enjoyed it, but it just wasn't at the level of Disneyland.

My second WDW visit was in 2003--22 years after the first! And it was Leu's first visit to WDW--almost even ground! Both of us enjoyed it so much we've returned several times since! :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12