Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Travel City Direct & Virgin

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's the betting TCD suddenly has red branding on their planes?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh.. a google search revealed they do anyway... I wasn't *really* wrong then was I?!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    411
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got my brochure this morning.. It was an immense time to be alive!

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    148
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one but not very impressed with pricing or anything else

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pigletpete, post: 90444
    I have one but not very impressed with pricing or anything else
    Towards the end they often weren't cheaper anyway, just like with them all it's who can get you the best deal at the time you need it

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 90252
    What's the betting TCD suddenly has red branding on their planes?
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 90253
    Oh.. a google search revealed they do anyway... I wasn't *really* wrong then was I?!
    Yeah, before they used XL planes they were red and white TCD branded flights

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it will be intresting to price up fly/drives with both companies.

    I for one will miss the old TCD as it was the only way i could afford first class (XL1) and i will keep a look out to see if they use their old plans, i know they were old and a little tatty but the legroom.

    I wonder how many searches they get tommorow when the site opens for business?



  8. #38
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovesnowwhitej, post: 90480
    I think it will be intresting to price up fly/drives with both companies.

    I for one will miss the old TCD as it was the only way i could afford first class (XL1) and i will keep a look out to see if they use their old plans, i know they were old and a little tatty but the legroom.
    see that's what I think they should've done. Buy the planes too and convert the whole plane to XL1 first class. That way it would have been something different from the market, they'd get more money per plane etc.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 90495
    see that's what I think they should've done. Buy the planes too and convert the whole plane to XL1 first class. That way it would have been something different from the market, they'd get more money per plane etc.
    a lot of those business only airlines have gone bust though haven't they, oh who knows - it's all a gamble isn't it?














  10. #40
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 90503
    a lot of those business only airlines have gone bust though haven't they, oh who knows - it's all a gamble isn't it?
    they did but I think they were flying from less well used airports etc. TCD was at all the big places and their "first class" was still quite holiday oriented.

    Most people I know tried for TCD upgrades before settling for economy so I really think the market was there
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •