Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: See you soon...

Post Thanks / Like
    My op is fast appraoching and i have so much to do so i probably won't be around for a bit.

Today i MUST tidy and clean the house and of course tackle the pile of ironing

I'm back in work tomorrow and Tuesday then i have Wednesday off to get my bag packed and my nerves settled.
    It also happens to be Robyn's 15th birthday on Wednesday so i will be doing a party tea for her too.

I have to be at the hospital for 7am on Thursday and my op is scheduled for around 11am.
    I doubt i will get much sleep Wednesday night as i'm already struggling now.
    I can't help worrying about the kids while i'm in hospital even though i know they will be well looked after and i'm stressing about things that i take for granted when i come out.
    I'm so independant i can't imagine not being able to make my own bed in the morning or hang my own washing on the line and i'm really working myself up about it.I have never relied on someone else and at 39 i'm going to find it hard to start.I know the kids will do their bit and Mum and Dad will run the show but i like things done my way.

My biggest thing though is walking down to have the anaesthetic.
    I know i will go to pieces and they will probably have to sedate me to sedate me!I'm feeling sick now just writing about it and my heart is pounding.

I also worry about how the kids will cope as they will worry too and i won't be able to run around after them like i do now.They will have so much pressure on them and still have to go to school every day and cope with that.

I know i'm probably worrying about nothing but the closer it's getting the worse i am feeling.

I will be spending 4/5 days in hospital but will catch up with you all when i'm sat with my feet up on the sofa some time after next weekend.
    Then i can plan our holiday and update you on my pre trippie :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Love you sweetie

Post Thanks / Like
    just remember hun we will be with you, explain to them how you are feeling and they will be able to give you something to calm your nerves. Will be thinking of you xxxx

the kids will be absolutely fine, try not to worry

Post Thanks / Like
    oh dear, i can tell how nervous and worried you feel by what you've written - try to take it easy love,

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you are going to worry yourself terribly, it's in our nature, eh? Truthfully though? If you try to focus on what you need to do (like all that ironing) and stay busy with that sort of thing, you can keep yourself busy enough to not spend time on "what if."

"What if" will get you nowhere,eh? We can't predict the future, so trying to "wonder" about what will be forthcoming is such a useless stressor!

It will be hard to have someone doing all those things that you are so used to doing for yourself, but it is only temporary, and you can have things done to your liking once you are back on your feet!

The children will be strong and brave! They are your children after all.

So! Know that we are here for you, that we are sending all good wishes to you, that prayers are being said for you and that there is so much headed your way the hospital is going to think they've been caught in a dust storm!

We'll look forward to hearing from you as soon as you are able.

Now get to that ironing woman! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

and what she said ^^^^^^^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Hang in there, sweetie!
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    good luck honey and try not to worry the kids will be fine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    from us to you Teresa.

Post Thanks / Like
    The kids will be fine. And if they have a problem then they will come here and we will help them. Kids are more resilient than we think sometimes. And most of them even know what to do with a duster.

Be thinking of you on Thursday. You have my phone number. Don't be afraid to use it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast