Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Lodge?

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone stayed there? We're really polynesian people :) but we keep going past wilderness lodge and always think one day we should try it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poly-Princess, post: 628
    Anyone stayed there? We're really polynesian people :) but we keep going past wilderness lodge and always think one day we should try it?
    Hi, we have stayed at the wilderness lodge and it is fantastic. The theming is out of this world and everything is all in one building.
    It looks like a homely log cabin and it welcomes you with a big bear hug.
    The restaurants serve great food and give lots of pleasure. The whispering canyon is great fun but not for the faint hearted. There is plenty of interaction between the servers and the guests so dont be offended if they throw straws at you. Artist point is more sedate and relaxing and the food is wonderful.
    If you are lucky to go at christmas time they have the most wonderful tree in the lobby. They also have bell ringers on selected nights throughout the christmas period.
    The swimming pool is wonderful and there is also a private beach where I prefer to sunbathe.
    The location is good as you are able to get the boat to mk,contemporary and fort wilderness.
    The shop is fabulous as you are able to buy bread, milk,sliced meats as the wilderness villas are next to the lodge.
    Last but definitely not least you have to see the famous geyser. It goes off on the hour every hour.
    You will have a fabulous time at the lodge. I can highly recommend it and I cant wait to go back. :):)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poly-Princess, post: 628
    Hi, I have stayed at the wilderness lodge a few times and it is just like coming home. It is a wonderful resort.
    When you have had a busy day at the parks, there is no better way than to relax by having a hot cocoa and sitting by the huge log fire located in the lobby.
    It has lots of things to offer, great location, good atmosphere and spectacular theming.
    The swimmimg pool is good and it has its own beach.
    The whispering canyon is a lively eaterie but if you prefer it more sedate there is the marvellous artist point.
    You can also rent bikes or go horse riding at the neighbouring fort wilderness.
    It is fun for the whole family and you will enjoy every minute of your stay. :D:D

Post Thanks / Like
    I love WL too! It's an undiscovered treasure :) quieter and cheaper than the other deluxes often.

Artist point is one of the best restaurants and it's easy to get into

It's also got one of the best Christmas displays with a fantastic tree and lights
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The WL would be on my list if i ever make it to a delux, it looks fantastic!

:)

Jodie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodie, post: 2966
    The WL would be on my list if i ever make it to a delux, it looks fantastic!

:)

Jodie
    oh it's so fantastic it really is :)

I love sitting there late at night, nice warming drink of something in my hand and listening to the sounds. It's such a relaxing place especially at christmas

Post Thanks / Like
    Must say it is a wonderful Christmas place to stay. All that is missing is the snow!

We've stayed there, in the villas. We enjoyed everything about the stay except the long haul from the car park to the villa. Whew! That was some long way to haul the cases and cooler! We survived though.

I love the grounds there. The geyser is wicked cool, and the pool is very nice too.

We really enjoy Artist Point. The food is very nicely prepared and the service is excellent. We aren't fans of Whispering Canyon because that sort of liveliness is not our "cup of tea." Many folks like it there though.

all in all it's a great choice and we may stay there again one day.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It's beautiful :) Keith convinced us to go there for our 5th wedding anniversary, and we're so pleased we did. We actually going back there again next year, funds allowing, for a couple of days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Add me to the list of WL fans! We stayed there right after Thanksgiving. If we're ever fortunate enough to stay there again, it's the time of year we'll go. The decorations are stunning!!!! We try to go back over every trip, just to walk through the lobby and look around.
    It may take you a little longer to get to MK from WL, but the boat ride is wonderful! We would actually take the boat over to the Contemporary and catch the monorail to Epcot, just to take the boat. It's a great choice!
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikki, post: 10021
    It's beautiful :) Keith convinced us to go there for our 5th wedding anniversary, and we're so pleased we did. We actually going back there again next year, funds allowing, for a couple of days.
    Really glad you enjoyed it Vikki! :p015:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast