Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever split a villa stay with on site in the middle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year was our first ever villa stay and we loved it. There is a part of me that now thinks staying on-site just got less likely due of how much we liked the villa.

This year we have toyed with San Diego (now deemed too expensive), Orlando with a trip to NYC in the middle (to stressful for me and not very interesting for the two youngest). I'm now wondering if it's possible to combine villa with a night or two on-site mid holiday. Has anyone done this? Did it work well? I would leave the majority of our stuff at the villa and just take overnight bags for everyone whilst on-site but would our belongings be ok left at the villa? Would I need to let any management company know what our intentions were before we booked the villa? Could they refuse or booking if they didn't like the idea of us leaving the property unattended for two or three days?

I like the idea of doing the whole on-site thing mid holiday so that we don't have to re-pack and lug our luggage to two different places but the cost of paying for two sets of accommodation might be restrictive in which case we would consider tagging the on-site stay at the end and hiring a villa for a shorter time.

Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions or experience of the waffle I've typed above?

Post Thanks / Like
    I havent but I'm thinking of similar although I think I'd probably do a week at the villa and a week onsite because I do like onsite so much
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We do exactly this every time we visit Florida.
    Much as we love Disney, our trips normally coincide with a cruise or a side trip further afield....eg the Keys.
    It`s great to be able to use the villa as a "dumping ground" for the majority of your luggage in order to allow you to travel reasonably light when going to your next venue as you say.
    It`s no big deal for us as we own a villa over there, but I guess that you would have to factor in the cost of the villa taking account of the time you would spend away from the place in order to see whether this cost is justified.
    It would be a good idea to let the management company know of your plans. If they are as good as the ones we use then they would make an occasional visit to your villa to check that all is ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Claire many people do exactly what you are thinking of. I stayed at Universal in the middle of our trip simply because a night at the Hard Rock Hotel AP rate worked out cheaper than getting express passes as you get the FOTL benefit for 2 whole days.

It's advisable to inform the management sompany so that they can keep an eye on the home for you or just tell the owners and they can tell the man co on your behalf. It will help in the event of an emergency too that they know you will not be resident for a few days.

I think it's highly unlikely that anybody would refuse your booking as many people also travel to the coast for a few days. It's up to you after you've paid the rental rate anyway.

I would say that it would work well and after your blast and buzz in the midst of things you'll then have a lovely relaxing few days back at the villa and be able to do your laundry lol

Post Thanks / Like
    yep and will probably do that next time. It works brilliantly

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel a plan coming together. Thanks all!

Post Thanks / Like
    We're DVC members so we usually stay on site after our villa stay but we love visiting Vero Beach and tend to do that while we're staying at the villa. As you've already said, the plus side of doing a mini trip mid stay is that you can just pack an overnight bag and leave most of your stuff at the villa but staying on site at the end isn't as bad as it sounds either. Leaving the on site part until the end means we can pack most of our cases ready for the journey home and just have a small case for the on site part.

If you can, try and go for two nights as it makes it feel more of a break. Especially if you can't get into your room until 4pm on the first day. Which ever way you decide to do it you'll have a great time.
    ~July 2009 ~ 5 weeks in Florida AKV, Villa, Vero, BLT, SSR & GF~
    ~October 2009 ~ WL, CR Tower Club & BLT~
    ~August 2010 ~ DCL and Bay Lake Towers~

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it ok to ask for Villa recommendations here because the only one in the forum is Malcolm's who is booked up on all our dates for this year

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by goofygal, post: 91700
    Is it ok to ask for Villa recommendations here because the only one in the forum is Malcolm's who is booked up on all our dates for this year
    By all means ask away.
    I suggest that you start a new thread with your question to get a better response.
    Also you could do a search through the forums as there have been similar questions raised a while ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    not the same but we did a week on international drive then a week on disney. it was a bit of a pain packing everything up and unpacking but totally worth it would deffinately do it again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast