Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: freezing meals

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Figment, post: 92749
    I do acknowledge that some things are a bit pricey, but the convenience for me is worth the small extra expense...especially considering the quality.

Marcus LOVES tamales and orders them often when we go out. I've tried many times to find some frozen to keep at home (I've looked at the recipes to make it and was scared off by how labor-intensive they were ) He has never been impressed by anything I have bought. Just a few weeks ago, Schwan's started carrying them...he thinks they are fantastic! You get 6 for $8.99...certainly would pay lots more for them at a restaurant. It takes 6 minutes in a microwave steamer I have and he is in heaven.

We also love the Bourbon flat iron steaks...all steaks, etc are individually portioned and sealed...never had any freezer burn. I can cook the from frozen in about 8 minutes on my George Foreman grill.

There is a new frozen pizza they carry that is BY FAR the best frozen pizza I've ever tasted. We've been a customer for more than 6 years...it's a wonderful service we highly recommend.
    Thank you Thank you Dh and I were looking into this and I really think I am going to place an order and get some food in the freezer pretty soon Oh and Dh believes you because you like Dr. Who and anyone who likes Dr. Who must be very smart indeed :tongue:

Post Thanks / Like
    :tongue: that is as good as any logic I've heard before!

Oh Shelly, I found this online earlier

www.hickoryfarms.com is having a 75% off sale. There is a boneless spiral ham for $20 on there. Use code 849358 for an extra 15% off.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 92751
    Thank you Thank you Dh and I were looking into this and I really think I am going to place an order and get some food in the freezer pretty soon Oh and Dh believes you because you like Dr. Who and anyone who likes Dr. Who must be very smart indeed :tongue:
    Must agree about the Doctor!

I really think you'll be pleased with them. If you have any questions about a particular item, just ask me. If we've ever tried it, I'll give you our opinion. Oh, and btw...I review products over there under the name.TARDIScompanion.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Post Thanks / Like
    My parents get food items from Schwan's. We've thought about it, but have just never done it. Right now we don't each much other than very lean meat, certain veggies and enough salad to turn us into honorary manatees, so it's not something we'd be doing right away.

Thanks for the info though, Figment! It's good to know someone who can comment on the products.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 92752
    :tongue: that is as good as any logic I've heard before!

Oh Shelly, I found this online earlier

www.hickoryfarms.com is having a 75% off sale. There is a boneless spiral ham for $20 on there. Use code 849358 for an extra 15% off.
    I never said Dh was really smart, but he is cute, so we keep him around

Wow!!! Ham for like $17..I will be going to check that out right now!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Figment, post: 92757
    Must agree about the Doctor!

I really think you'll be pleased with them. If you have any questions about a particular item, just ask me. If we've ever tried it, I'll give you our opinion. Oh, and btw...I review products over there under the name.TARDIScompanion.
    I will have tons of questions, I'm sure. I think I am going to wait a little longer before putting in our first order, but I know how fast time is going to fly, so I won't wait too long. I'm so excited to have an extra freezer now!!

Post Thanks / Like
    ordering in sounds like the perfect solution for you Shelly!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234