Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What 5 things do you consider a must

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

As a first timer to WDW what 5 things would you consider a must whilst there? I ask as we are trying to sort out what are the best things to go see/visit/best dining experience etc. I know that the Magic Kingdom etc have to be done but I was looking for top tips, rides or attractions. Any help grateful received and if you have more than 5 then feel free to list them!

Thanks,

Jo.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would attempt to get a reservation for the buffet at Chef Mickey's for breakfast. It's such a disney experience.

Definitely watch Wishes and Fantasmic (my personal favorite).

Enjoy the countries in Epcot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks foreverducky, I will google Chef Mickey's and see if you can book in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    ooooooo so so so many possible answers

My very favourite thing is to go and grab a glass of champagne from one of the countries around the EPCOT world showcase and watch illuminations. It's a simple thing but truly memorable.

Go see the Wishes fireworks at the magic kingdom of course and watch them from the station at the end of main street if you can. Truly wonderful view

California grill at the contemporary for a truly awesome dining experience and watch the fireworks from your table or the viewing area if not. It's a very different view than from ground level.

Hood dee doo revue at fort wilderness for a foot stomping, laugh till you cry, dinner show

oh I could go on all night
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Keith,

Thanks for the suggestions!!! Looks like this question will pull out some real gems.

Cheers,

Jo.

Post Thanks / Like
    rides

big thunder mountain

haunted mansion

buzz lightyears space ranger spin

peter pan

tomorrow land transit authority!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh gosh. This is impossible, but let's see.

EPCOT:
    Five places to eat: Marrakesh, Bistro de Paris, Le Cellier, Sunshine Seasons Food Fair, Sommerfest
    Five things to do: Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, Soarin', Test Track, Maelstrom
    Five things to listen to: The Japanese Drummers, Off Kilter, Mo' Rockin', British Invasion, Norway's band, ok 6- Mariache Cobre
    Five things to see: The chrysalis box in the UK, the film in France, the film in China, the act in France, the butterfly garden in FW
    Five snacks to have: Anything from the French bakery, nearly anything from the Norwegian bakery, anything from Fountainview Cafe, Popcorn, but only if it's fresh, soft pretzel from Germany
    Five cold treats: Mickey bar, itzakadoozie, iced mocha latte, chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich, gelato
    Five drinks: No brainer, there are 11 countries to choose from and each has a specialty. :D There are several types of sake on offer at Japan in the back of the huge shop there. This is often overlooked... :D

Oh, did you mean all the parks or just my beloved EPCOT? :D :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Don't try and do it all - you won't be able to you will be exhauted trying and you won't have a good time as a result. The success of your holiday will not be judged by how many rides and things you can squeeze in.
    2. Take time each day to sit and watch the world go by, Disney trips are exhausting - also plana couple of 'rest days'
    3. I personally don't like to over plan - some people go with a ridgid itinery - Have a few days planned but go with the flow
    4. Buy a guide or use this site to choose 3-4 things that each of you definitely wants to do and make sure you see them
    5.The firework dhows in each of the 3 parks that do them are pure magic and each is very different from the other - for me 'Wishes' just is Disney

I know thats not maybe what you wanted

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jg22524, post: 91991
    Thanks foreverducky, I will google Chef Mickey's and see if you can book in advance.
    Any restaurant at WDW can be booked 90 days in advance right now.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jg22524, post: 91991
    Oops! Uscwest already answered this one! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 92044
    Oh gosh. This is impossible, but let's see.

EPCOT:
    Five places to eat: Marrakesh, Bistro de Paris, Le Cellier, Sunshine Seasons Food Fair, Sommerfest
    Five things to do: Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, Soarin', Test Track, Maelstrom
    Five things to listen to: The Japanese Drummers, Off Kilter, Mo' Rockin', British Invasion, Norway's band, ok 6- Mariache Cobre
    Five things to see: The chrysalis box in the UK, the film in France, the film in China, the act in France, the butterfly garden in FW
    Five snacks to have: Anything from the French bakery, nearly anything from the Norwegian bakery, anything from Fountainview Cafe, Popcorn, but only if it's fresh, soft pretzel from Germany
    Five cold treats: Mickey bar, itzakadoozie, iced mocha latte, chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich, gelato
    Five drinks: No brainer, there are 11 countries to choose from and each has a specialty. :D There are several types of sake on offer at Japan in the back of the huge shop there. This is often overlooked... :D

Oh, did you mean all the parks or just my beloved EPCOT? :D :D :D
    Tink, Fountainview Cafe is no more. I think it's an ice cream shop now. It wasn't open in March, 2007 and I didn't pay attention in December, 2007--pain does strange things to me!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast