Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What 5 things do you consider a must

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jg22524, post: 121213
    Thanks TINK ... you can tell I'm a first timer!
    no worries Jo, that's why we're here- Orlando has so much to do we all had the same problems when we first went and as you can see we still have loads of questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 121215
    no worries Jo, that's why we're here- Orlando has so much to do we all had the same problems when we first went and as you can see we still have loads of questions
    Thanks ... it's all a bit mind blowing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it though! Being a first timer is wicked exciting though. As corny as it sounds, there will be no time ever like the first time, so don't worry at all about asking as many questions as you need to (or want to!) in order to get your plans made.

We'll drive you batty if you let us. We can tell you what table to ask for at which restaurant, when to queue for a show, when not to bother, what park to visit which day, where to stand for the parades/fireworks, ect.! In other words, we can be a great help to you, or contribute to the mass confusion so beware!

Seriously, one of the best parts of a WDW holiday is the planning and exploring all the options while realizing that you must choose from the wide array of things to do and will have to leave some things undone. It's just the way it goes.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tink. Part of me wants to get the balance right and am slightly scared of mucking it up! Sounds a bit daft I know but as you say the first time is special. A big thank you for your offers of help, I'll probably be driving you all batty with my questions instead of the other way round.

So question/suggestion request number 1: Hubbie will be celebrating his birthday while we are way (a Friday) do you have any suggestions for a place to go for a birthday meal that is also child friendly as our 7 year old will be with us. His main food loves are seafood, sushi and steaks. Not necessarily together!

Number 2: I hear that it is best to avoid the Parks that have the Extra Magic Hours. We are not in a Disney resort so the EMHs won't be of use to us. Is there a way of finding out which Parks are doing what when?

Thanks.

Jo.

Post Thanks / Like
    OOOOOH! Birthdays at WDW are fabulous!!! Get him a birthday badge. It will say Happy Birthday, and his name can be written on it. They are usually available at any WDW park's guest relations although I got my most recent one at the International Gateway ticket booth (World Showcase of EPCOT).

Loads of choices for dinner. Maybe Japan in the World Showcase? He could certainly have a variety there. We like Cape May's Dinner Buffet for all the shellfish (clams and mussels) shrimp and fish (battered and fried, and another choice that won't be) plus carving beef, chicken, ribs, pasta, veggies, mash, cold salad bar selections, variety of desserts...

Puck's Cafe in Downtown Disney has a nice menu and also has very good sushi. Not so much on seafood and steak however, but a good selection for all that.

Le Cellier in Canada at the World Showcase will have a great selection of beef, as will another favorite of ours, Yachtsman's Steakhouse at the Yacht Club.

Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge has a nice, if a bit unusual menu. The seven year old might not like it overmuch though.

Have a look at our menus here and you'll get a feel for what is available.

As to the other question, I know they are posted but not sure exactly where... the hours, I mean.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Cape May might be a good compromise for dinner, as Tink says. They have a terrific children's section--although they certainly can choose from the main section, as well.

My only issue with Cape May dinner was the selection was heavy on the shellfish, which I'm allergic too. I love fish, just have to avoid shellfish. Trust me, there was enough other food that I didn't go hungry!

Post Thanks / Like
    The original name of the buffet was New England Clambake. It's main feature is the shellfish. Years ago they actually offered, lobster, crab legs and steamed oysters too. (The Lobster and crab were for an extra cost).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the replies on restaurant suggestions . Just need to get DH to wear a badge now

Post Thanks / Like
    If he wears a badge to dinner he'll get a nice birthday dessert (for free)! Will that entice him to wear the badge?

Post Thanks / Like
    It may just !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast