Thread: Timing...

Post Thanks / Like
    ...can be interesting!

I've been waffling about stopping to fill the gas tank on my car for the past week. Not critical--still have about 1/2 tank.

However, gas prices have increased about 20 cents per gallon during that same week.

Finally broke down and stopped at a station that's about 15 cents per gallon cheaper than most of the others. Just as the pump started, someone began changing the price on the sign--increasing it 6 cents per gallon!

For once--and only once--my timing was good!

Not that 6 cents per gallon would break me--my car only took about 7 gallons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good that you made it in time . Whats with these gas prices increasing again ? Went up 20 cents here too in the past few days .

Post Thanks / Like
    Possibly concern about the middle-east again? Crude oil prices have been dropping lately, so it really doesn't make much sense. I didn't check the prices yesterday, though, so that could have changed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember paying less than a dollar for a gallon...ahhh, the good old days.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice timing!

In Ireland last summer we drove into town and noticed the price at this particular gas station was cheaper than we'd seen elsewhere so decided we'd stop and get some on the way back.

We did so and found the price had dropped even further!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 92982
    I remember paying less than a dollar for a gallon...ahhh, the good old days.
    Even worse: I remember paying less than 20 cents for a gallon of regular gas!

When I first started driving, gas was around 19 cents per gallon. Gas wars could push it down to 17 cents per gallon, or occasionally 15 cents!

It was complete culture shock when I moved to Palm Springs and gas was 42 cents per gallon when it was under 20 cents per gallon in Los Angles!

Post Thanks / Like
    NY, especially western NY, where I am is still paying higher prices (although $2 cheaper than before!) and we have not seen it go up yet. We're probably still way over paying even with the .20 increase this week!

It seems the only gas station owners in the country that had the bright idea to not drop gas prices as fast as they were dropping to make a little money are in my county!! It's been reported in our news everyday. We were at one point close to .75 above the national average! :(

Taja that sure is good timing!!! Hate to be the guy waiting for you to finish!!
    xxoo Rosie