Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For the weird UK Croc wearing people

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    They are a very good site as well - I have used them before :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    You know? Something I never thought would happen? I've started to not like my crocs so much. They've actually begun to hurt my feet and give me blisters. At first I thought it was an old worn out pair I have, but it's the same for all of them. I use them for running in and out of the house, to the mail box, ect. but I don't wear them as "shoes" any more.

I have the market cornered on them too, of course. It's since I lost a bunch of the weight. Weird, huh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 92889
    You know? Something I never thought would happen? I've started to not like my crocs so much. They've actually begun to hurt my feet and give me blisters. At first I thought it was an old worn out pair I have, but it's the same for all of them. I use them for running in and out of the house, to the mail box, ect. but I don't wear them as "shoes" any more.

I have the market cornered on them too, of course. It's since I lost a bunch of the weight. Weird, huh?
    Mine rub me as well - I only have the Mary Janes. I use mine for in and out of the house etc - at WDW I couldn't walk around in them all day, I used them at the water parks and on the beach at Castaway Cay but thta was it - my Birkenstocks are much more comfortable.

Interesting about the weight thing though - perhaps if you had new ones that would mould to how you are now they might be better?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Another person who can't get on with Crocs anymore. Like Tink I thought it was because they were wearing out but the new pair were the same. I've relegated mine to 'getting the bin in and doing the recycling' shoes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could very well be Lisa, but since the weight loss I've actually found shoes that fit! :D :D So, I do have comfy shoes that I can wear now. I wore the Crocs because I didn't have anything that wouldn't hurt my feet. I still have wicked wide feet (I always describe them as square) but they are bony now.

I have a couple of pair of Mary Janes, the Wedge ones (never can remember the style name) and then the beach and cayman Crocs in assorted colors. :D I have plenty of beach shoes, poolside shoes, going to get the mail shoes, taking out the trash shoes...probably for the rest of my life! LOL!

They rub on the top of my foot (where they never bothered me at all before).

Easy Spirit is the brand of shoe that I have found now to work best for me. Not all their styles of course, but they have many that are wide enough and flat enough (without being ballet flat) for me to use for work. I even found a red pair! :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe that's it! I've gone down a whole shoe size over this last year.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's great that you now have more choice in shoes , I damaged my foot by going on a long walk in badly fitting training shoes a couple of years ago - after the only shoes I could wear that didn't have me crying in agnoy were Birkenstocks. I have now found that after a few years of wearing them non stop I can now wear more 'fashion' shoes and boots for a while without any pain - if I feel any sort of niggle in my foot I go straight back to the Birks It is such a nice feeling to have a few more options though

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Could be Claire! I know that our feet change as we age, but seriously, I've never had such a significant change as this one. I can actually wear some styles of shoe with a heel (as in enclosed heel, I usually have to wear clog/mule style shoes).

I've had a few missteps in buying. I have a pair of flat kiltie loafers that kill my heels even with moleskin, so those sit dejected in the back of the closet, but for the most part, I'm doing well with formal shoes. :D

Weird though, isn't it? You'd think a different size Croc would be the answer, but that is not the case for me. They all just hurt now (with prolonged wearing).

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never been able to wear Birks. I feel like I'm missing out on something, but any pair I've tried have really hurt, so no go for me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast