Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are Tween/ Teenage girls so nasty

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking...

So many films and television shows seam to glorify cattiness between females--of any age. Camaraderie just doesn't seem to be acceptable.

And, regarding the transition from child to young adult, there doesn't seem to be any real cultural guidance to replace childhood play with acceptable tween/teen activities. Other than sports (and nearly everyone knows my opinion about that!), there seem to be few options for individuals to develop and learn to like themselves without worrying about what their peers think.

I'm so thankful I was involved in ballet at that age. Serious physical activity, discipline, opportunity to learn things not taught at school and some really fun times. And, yes, some cattiness. Just can't seem to get away from it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Even as adults there is Cattiness...it never stops....honestly

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've just had to bite my tongue, dd has just had a friend round, i asked her if she would like to come camping with us for the weekend in the summer. Oh i don't do camping....we go abroad for our holidays. Cheeky little madam!!! the child in me nearly said ' so how many times have you been to disney huh???' but i didn't grrrrrrrrrr

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 93622
    I've just had to bite my tongue, dd has just had a friend round, i asked her if she would like to come camping with us for the weekend in the summer. Oh i don't do camping....we go abroad for our holidays. Cheeky little madam!!! the child in me nearly said ' so how many times have you been to disney huh???' but i didn't grrrrrrrrrr
    grrrrr - you should have mentioned Disney, i probably would have!

Post Thanks / Like
    see I'm just as bad

there's Sarah saying "as adults there is cattiness" and then there's me telling you you should have said it....oops!

Post Thanks / Like
    "Oh. Well, it would have been nice to have you along. We do ____________ when camping" (Filling in the blank with all the fun things). Not very nice of me, eh?

Sometimes though, young adults are more affected by what is said to them by people (adults) other than their parents.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    knowing her mother i think it definitely comes from her, I like nice things but i'm quite able and enjoy to go back to basics ( ha ha)

guess she'll never get to taste smores.......

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I mean. S'mores and the other fun things you do, not to mention having experiences that she's not had before. It's all well and good to prefer one thing over another, but it's more valid to havce a basis of comparison, eh? (Heaven knows I'm so not a camper). :D :D But I know that because of having gone camping throughout my childhood and enough times in my adulthood to know that it's not fun for me.

My brother on the other hand, loves it so much he nearly doesn't take any other holidays.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i think it's the way she said it lol. I just know this relationship is going to be fraught, Caitlin thinks she's wonderful though

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 93649
    i think it's the way she said it lol. I just know this relationship is going to be fraught, Caitlin thinks she's wonderful though
    And isn't that the worst ,when you can see right through the little madam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast