Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why are Tween/ Teenage girls so nasty

Post Thanks / Like
    We experienced that somewhat recently. A certain child kept making derogatory comments about how we were staying at Pop Century and they were staying elsewhere. Really? who cares?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Johnie, some people do have more money than sense.

I like Pop Century and the All Stars. Fun resorts that you can sometimes get for a really good price!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 93672
    We experienced that somewhat recently. A certain child kept making derogatory comments about how we were staying at Pop Century and they were staying elsewhere. Really? who cares?
    And what really bugs me about that kind of stuff is that the kid is hearing it from someone close to him/her. So then kind of an adult is this kid going to turn into Sorry, one of my pet peeves is uppity kids!

Post Thanks / Like
    Disrespectful children, for the most part are a product of their environment. I'm not going to say parenting, because kids pick up so much from sources other than their parents, eh? It is up to the parent to do the best to dissuade the child from certain notions, but if those notions are part of the parent's frame of reference...

However, the child does indeed become an adult one day. Each adult has a responsibility to take a good look at her/himself and determine if s/he needs to make any changes in her/his belief system, behaviors, values, etc. That's the painful part of being an adult.

Lack of insight into one's frame of reference is the issue that tends to breed problems for adults as they move through life.

"Hasn't a clue!" Remember that old saying? There are folks out there who don't have a clue, or refuse to pick up on the hints that they need to get a clue!

"Decide the type of person you want to be and be it." One of the most important statements I had a professor say to one of the classes I was in at Uni.

Do we want to be focused on things, on labels, on the cost of things, on the so called prestige of wearing Hugo Boss instead of Levi? If we do, then fine. Pick that sort of type of person and be it! If other things mean more to you than so called status, then that's fine too!!! Pick the type of person you want to be and be it! :D

OK. That's it! Sunday Sermon over.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i just remembered when one of eldest DS friends came here for the first time - he is actually a nice lad and his parents are nice too, but he walked in and said "blimey, isn't your house small?" - I got the right hump and thought,well don't blimmin come back then if it's that bad.

As I said they're a really nice family so I'm not really sure he was being horrible but just stating facts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Children (especially the younger they are) are blunt and to the point. It's not necessarily them being judgemental as opposed to them calling it like they see it. They just need to be redirected to appropriate comments.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 93819
    Children (especially the younger they are) are blunt and to the point. It's not necessarily them being judgemental as opposed to them calling it like they see it. They just need to be redirected to appropriate comments.
    yes they can be *very* blunt can't they!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. Kids will take your breath away with their comments sometimes! That again is the time for a child to be redirected... they are learning and if they are not given feedback, the learning process is left to suffer.

Post Thanks / Like
    we were in the loos once at cracker barrell and there was a horrible smell in there, Caitlin age 3 or 4 waltzes in and shouts at the top of her voice ewwwwwwwwwwww someone's had a poo!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    sigh....one of the biggest pet peeves I have with the nursing students who share our building is their completely inappropriate comments about smells in the bathroom. For goodness sake, they are going to be NURSES!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123