Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: grow your own vegetables

Post Thanks / Like
    if we get moved in time Dave isgonna put some parsnips in we were just talking about this tonight about what to grow :)

Post Thanks / Like
    For all those doggies that dig... this is going to sound horrible... but the trick is to find out where they dig their hole... put some of their poo in it, then cover the hole back up.

When they un-dig their poo they hate it and stop digging. Our vet told us to it- and after 2-3 times sonny never digs!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 93190
    For all those doggies that dig... this is going to sound horrible... but the trick is to find out where they dig their hole... put some of their poo in it, then cover the hole back up.

When they un-dig their poo they hate it and stop digging. Our vet told us to it- and after 2-3 times sonny never digs!
    hmm..I wonder why that works? I thought dogs like their poo?

Post Thanks / Like

Mememememe

This year it's onions, peas, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, salad leaves and loads of herbs. We have a freuit cage with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and rhubarb.

Those are what we eat but I usually try a couple of new crops each year. Last year was kale (awesome) and sweetcorn (bombed). But we have an awesome pick your own farm nearby for other stuff including plums the size of apples.

This year may try baby sweetcorn and sugar snap peas as these go in lunchboxes quite a lot in our house.

Post Thanks / Like
    tell me about baby sweetcorn Dawn- we are fans of those here too both raw and in thai type dishes and they are expensive to buy

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to try growing veggies... but I'm awful at gardening!! My dad is good but he likes his garden for flowers.... sissy.

I have my tortoises pen and that is 'my section' of the garden... so doubt I'll be allowed to take anymore over! We have a huge rhubarb plant which pick and then freeze- we still have some in the freezer right now!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a very small garden but would love to grow cucumbers. I buy 4 a week. Oh wait we grow grapes. Have a grape vine across the back of the house. Red grapes that this year will be 10 years old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have a green thumb, so no garden for me. And our growing seasons are a bit odd, in any case.

I was chatting with another tenant in our building today. He and his DW planted a raised vegetable bed in middle of their lawn--built-in irrigation! They've been raising cabbage, tomatoes and a few other things I can't remember at the moment. The garden was producing right up until our cold snap last month. They've had to cover it most nights since, but it probably will be back in gear by the end of February.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just done my seed order for this year.

Parsley
    Chives
    Basil
    Coriander
    Mint
    Brussel Sprouts
    Carrots
    Cucumber
    Kale
    Lettuce
    Spring Onion
    Peas
    Sugar Snap Peas
    Butternut Squash
    Tomatoes

Will buy onion sets from the garden centre.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 93409
    Have a very small garden but would love to grow cucumbers. I buy 4 a week. Oh wait we grow grapes. Have a grape vine across the back of the house. Red grapes that this year will be 10 years old.

I put some seeds/pips (?) from some Moscatel grapes in a few years ago - they took off but they're still in containers as i have such a tidgy garden. I need to get them in the ground really.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast