Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ummm.. why did I have the idea that the Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like
    had better rates than the Poly??

I checked online, and the Poly is a bit more affordable that staying in the Contemporary.... tower rooms...

So.. I dont know where I got the idea that the COntemporary was less expensive...

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps it is from time to time? The Poly usually is pretty pricey, so its being less than the Contemporary I would think it fairly unusual.

So then? Are you staying at the Poly or the Contemporary?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Cause the Poly looks nicer than the Contemporary? That's what I always think.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Id be happy to stay in either...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 93513

So then? Are you staying at the Poly or the Contemporary?
    I dont know....

I like the fact the the COntemporary is within walking distance of MK.... How long would it take to walk to the Poly with a crying kid??? hahahahahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Not terribly long, actually. Well, from the ticket and transportation center, I mean. You can't walk from the MK to the Poly.

There is the monorail from the MK to the Poly of course.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a contemporary fan, whereas I didn't think much of the poly

The poly has a great lobby that's for sure and the luau cove is really nice too. Once you're out there looking for your room though, it's just not very polynesian IMHO. However, no real reason to worry about getting to/from MK from the poly, there's the monorail, the boat and so on.

The contemporary, whilst perhaps feeling less themed, is the perfect location for the MK. 5minute walk along the path and especially appreciated after a late night at the park. The resort itself has been refurbed recently with the rooms looking a lot more modern and tasteful than they used to be.

We've stayed in both garden wings and tower room and being able to watch the fireworks from our room was simply superb. The music is piped in on one of the tv channels. There was also a computer there with free Internet Access included

Add to that the new food court which is really well done with nice things on the menu, the california grill, the wave (not great), chef mickeys.. some nice shops, the monorail

Well I know I prefer the Contemporary to the Polynesian every time

The shot enclosed was taken from the bed in the room and although not a great photo it shows that we really could even lie in bed whilst watching the fireworks over a perfect view of the castle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    that looks good Keith, on our first kid free trip...................

can you guarantee a MK view when booking?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 93752
    that looks good Keith, on our first kid free trip...................

can you guarantee a MK view when booking?
    yep there are various tower options including other side of the tower, cheapest, through to MK view concierge (and all the stages in between... well actually they go to the presidential suite in which I've been to a party but never stayed in )

When I was booking, it was said that to go for the mk side but not specify MK view was the best deal because it was cheaper and most of the time you were high enough to see the castle anyway. However when I looked, the difference in price between that and guaranteed MK view was so small that it wasn't worth taking the cahnce
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely fabulous shot, Keith!

So you didn't care for the Wave, either then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast