Thread: Day 6 mickey's party and the engagement

Post Thanks / Like
    as its my 500th post i decided to do my special day trip report

Day 6
    Today was going to be a busy day as we were booked for Mickey’s very merry Christmas party.
    We started the day with a visit to downtown Disney to buy some Christmas ornaments and have a little wander around. Also we had decided to go to the boardwalk as David hadn’t been there before.
    When we arrived into the parking lot at market place I said I wanted to go to the Christmas shop and buy the ornaments I had chosen earlier in the week. The designers were so busy they could only put the year on the ornaments so I got 2 ears with 2008 on. I watched the lady do them and told her about how it was our 1st Christmas together we actually had a long chat.

The Christmas shop was so busy but I was pleased with what we had got. We wandered back through the shops and said we would put the packages back in the car before getting on a bus to the boardwalk.
    We headed for the bus drop and found the stop we needed and a bus turned up, it was great being on the bus as I think it was the last time I was at Disney that I was on a bus. When we got off the bus we headed for the lakeside, it was really quiet and the sun was beating down so we sat on one of the benches near the bakery watching the world go by and the boats coming in and out.

After a few mins we decided to hop on one of the boats heading towards the swan and dolphin which ended up in us spending more than an hour riding the boats. We went to yacht and beach club then the swan and dolphin onwards to Disney studios back to swan and dolphin then the beach club back to the boardwalk and out to epcot and back to the boardwalk to disembark……… now to anyone this would have been boring but we really did have a blast David was taking pictures and I was in the sun watching all the world go by it was wonderful.
    Once back at the boardwalk we headed back to the bus stop to go back to downtown and marketplace. When we got back to the car it was time to eat so we headed out to 192 to find some where to eat. David spotted a bennigans so we dropped in there for a steak each. After we had eaten I realised I hadn’t got a sweater for the evening and was worried about being cold which lead to a disagreement but we wont dwell on that.
    Anyway it was time to head to MAGIC KINGDOM yippee. Now in all the times I have been to Florida I have been to magic kingdom once and that was to get Donald ducks autograph before going home so I haven’t been a fan of it.
    We are driving in line to the parking pay booth and hand over the payment when David starts to drive off without us getting our change for the parking……. Silly man…………once at parking it turns into a bit of a free for all and noone seems to know where to park anyway we find a space on the end of the line. We get the train that takes us to ticket central to exchange our voucher for a ticket soon we are holding our tickets and heading towards the boat which will take us over to magic kingdoms entrance. Im so excited
    As we pass through the gates we have our armbands put on and enter main street usa. Everyone seems so happy and the sun is just starting to dim we get to the end and take the usual picture that everyone takes.

Its such a magical feeling hadn’t felt like this before at Disney I was so excited and David was showing me round and pointing out things we went on a few rides and had some cookies with apple juice which were yummy.
    We went back to the castle and watched the show which was brilliant then headed to tomorrow land and do some more rides my favourite was buzz lightyear. We wandered around more but soon it was time to find our place for the parade. The parade lasted ages but was wonderful. I cant believe how quickly they clean up after the parade the street vaccums and sweepers were cleaning as soon as it ended. we found 2 rocking chairs on a porch so we sat there for a while just watching the world go by and chatting soon it would be time for the fireworks so we thought we better find a place to watch them and we did the perfect place at the end of main street in front of the castle. The lights dimmed and the music started and the magic of Disney fireworks began, they seemed to go on for ages and ages it was wonderful David snapped away taking pictures I have never felt so happy as I did at that time it was fantastic even as I am typing tears are filling up.

After the finished we walked back down main street in the snow all I could think is magical and to be with the man I love it just felt perfect.
    We get to the gate and David said lets go back by monorail I agreed, there was one in the station as we reach the top so we hop on J as we leave we are told where the stops are and what we are passing just as we get to the wedding pavilion David says “ Ann will you marry me” now im in tears again now so you know I was then. I said yes of course but was a bit or a tearful wreck J now we had to get off the monorail as we had got to our stop so we reach the Mickey’s topiary that turn when Dave puts a ring on my finger. This was the best night ever for me.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for sharing Ann and well done Dave - good timing!

Congratulations to you both!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! How perfect is that?! What a beautiful memory you will both have forever and ever. Thank you for the report, the beautiful photos and sharing the proposal with us!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    What a lovely and beautiful story, Ann...thank you so very much for sharing it with us...

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that is fantastic! What a wonderful wonderful ending to the day XXXXX

Post Thanks / Like
    Ann thank you for sharing it with us. You will never forget when he asked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Ann, that's so beautiful - thank you for sharing your special moment with us

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww that was a lovely day! What a perfect proposal

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]