Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tell me about the hard rock hotel

Post Thanks / Like
    really Johnie? why did you like it more?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just the whole ambiance. It's like an upscale Polynesian. I love the little frogs on the walkway in. I love the elephants in the lobby. The rooms are very nice. I've had nothing but impeccable service from everyone there. I love the little water taxi.

Portofino was nice too but our water taxi driver couldn't park the boat to save his life. I swear that has colored the whole experience for me

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    HRH for us one night this year - DH and DD are music mad so they chose it - I would have picked one of the others but only staying for FOTL access 2 day/1 night and then back to WDW :)

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell, post: 93771
    Me and Alan hated HRH but the kids loved it. The room we had damp sheets on the bed and chipped furniture. We all loved the pool though and spent a lot of time there and of course FOTL was a god-send
    Hi there Nicki! I didnt know you stayed at the HRH. Unfortunately for us we were there during those four awful days of rain so that didnt help. I did find the rooms totally unexciting - yes, bland would be a good word.Chipped furniture seems to be a problem then! RPR on the other hand is just luxurious. It has a lovely Polynesian feel to it and is peaceful and quiet. The Islands dining room is a wonderful venue for a snack or buffet breakfast. I love the place!

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    well with it being 1 night then i think we will go for RPR, not much time to do much anyway lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have AA (AAA in the US)? remember you can get good deals using them. You have to call them directly to get it though.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 93847
    Do you have AA (AAA in the US)? remember you can get good deals using them. You have to call them directly to get it though.
    no but i will do next year, thanks for reminding me!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags, post: 93831
    Hi there Nicki! I didnt know you stayed at the HRH. Unfortunately for us we were there during those four awful days of rain so that didnt help. I did find the rooms totally unexciting - yes, bland would be a good word.Chipped furniture seems to be a problem then! RPR on the other hand is just luxurious. It has a lovely Polynesian feel to it and is peaceful and quiet. The Islands dining room is a wonderful venue for a snack or buffet breakfast. I love the place!

Margaret
    That's another thing we didn't like about HRH the food choices, ended up just having coffee and pastries for breakfast.
    Think we'll be trying RPR next time, I've heard so many good reports on it :)

Nicki

Post Thanks / Like
    We've only had breakfast at the Islands but it was quite nice. In busier times, they have a buffet. And you can also order from the menu.

Post Thanks / Like
    for Jon and I breakfast is coffee, the kids have cereals only. We tend to get up and go lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast