Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The wedding Planner - Hotel

Post Thanks / Like
    a little update!

the area has been narrowed down to around 30-40 minutes drive away from home. various locations have been viewed by the happy couple and they now have 2 favourites, 1 small and intimate with exclusive use of the hotel, but it could be too intimate. The other is larger and not exclusive but would give enough space so as not to get on each other nerves!

i am starting to look again as we stopped for a while so they could view the places we'd already gained information on.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: The wedding Planner - Hotel query

Oh! Sounding good. Narrowing down the wealth of choices is a great thing. I'd go for room and comfort, but that's just me. If I did the intimate thing, it would truly have to be intimate (which means less people invited).

Depends totally on what they want to do, eh? Looking forward to hearing more.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

they could whittle down the list for the intimate setting BUT that means not inviting some people who normally would be, and as it's not too far away my sister says they could just go there for a couple of nights by themselves anyway!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's not the best idea to leave out folks who would truly expect to be there. My sister did that over 20 years ago and is still hearing about it.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

actually we did and i don't regret it one little bit. Jon and I got married quicker than expected as he was posted abroad and neither of us could stand the thought of him leaving alone. we had about 4 months to arrange it and not much money at all. Also my Dad had just been made redundant. We just had nearest and dearest - I think it was 40 to the main event and i don't regret it one bit. Thats one side for you

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you Brit. The people you had must hve been those who were the most important to you. That's the way it should be.

Post Thanks / Like

will tell all tomorrow as i'm just off out for a chinese with mum,sis,aunty,sis inlaw and her mum BUT i think we're getting verrry close - we've been to look at 2 hotels today wowee wowee wowee

see you tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

ok back now!

so today we went to a wedding fair here. it's beautiful, panelling, tapestry style curtains and decor, marble staircases - very nice. Sis and Groom have already visited and negotiated a pretty decent deal at this place.

we had a good look at the ceremony and reception rooms, now she has a colour scheme in mind which is red and purple (i think the groom is a bit worried about this but he's a man - wha'does he know!) so in the reception room we're saying that purple would fit in so she'd have to drop that, and the shade of red would need to be changed.....mmmmm.

on the way out she decided to pop to the 'ladies' to check it out! well as she swung open the door we were met by a cloud of smoke, as in electrical smelling smoke. would you believe there were some girls standing in there texting and waving their hands around to clear the smoke, and they were accompanied by lots of other women saying 'oooo, it smells like a fire'

duh - well get outta there and tell someone!

My sister ran off to tell an official looking guy who said 'i don't work here' so then i ran down the corridor and found the kitchen door which i pushed open and shouted 'hello, hello' this girl comes along so i tell her there's a fire in the toilets. i went back to get my sister and niece and we started making our way out when suddenly the alarm goes off and the door slams shut right in my nose - i though there's NO WAY we're turning round and going back towards it so i pushed the door open and we kept going.....

but would you believe there were still people walking towards it on their way in - we're telling them 'there's a fire' as we passed them.

madness.....

when we get out we headed to the car and as we drove out we could see now that everyone was being evacuated. it made us wonder seeing that the alarm hadn't gone off until i told someone - i'm guessing they hit the button after i told them.

aside from that we all really liked it and were discussing the compromise on decor as we headed towards another hotel where she said there was a weddng fair also on.....

to be continued!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, my! Hope the smoke/fire isn't a regular occurance!

Glad you're the wedding planner and not me! I'd be already!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 104069
    Oh, my! Hope the smoke/fire isn't a regular occurance!

Glad you're the wedding planner and not me! I'd be already!

i'm still excited at the moment! mind you, when i saw all those exhibitors at the hotel and the variety of dresses/shoes/cakes/table decs/music/menus etc etc etc my head was spinning!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast