Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The wedding Planner - Hotel

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder...depending upon the number of guests, of course, you could make little ribbon roses for all guests. The men could have red, the women purple... they could wear them like little boutonnieres. :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    she's decided against those actually....she didn't think them necessary as it's not a church wedding which is fair enough.

we've been discussing favour gifts and she thought of small red boxes with chocolate hearts in just for the ladies, but then we thought scrap the boxes.....

the tables will be set up with white linen, the chairs with white covers and either a red or purple sash - so one table red, another purple and so on.

the centrepiece on each table would probably be a hurricane candle lamp in red or purple to co-ordinate with the sash, with red rose petals scattered around the table and 2 or 3 chocolate hearts in red or purple foil on each plate.....we could just picture it in the room we saw - it really is perfect i think.

she doesn't want a traditional top table as there won't be the formal line as i mentioned before, so they'll also have a round table seating the couple, the bridesmaid and the baby, the best man (grooms brother) and his wife who will be over from Australia.

to make their table stand out i suggested they could maybe have purple seat covers and a 5 stemmed candelabra in clear red or purple glass with glass droplets to make it look extra special....ooooo i want to do it NOW!

and the hurricane candle holders are named "perfect" - how cool is that?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooh, pretty!

Flowers on lapels are a church thing there? Didn't know that!

I think the entire setting sounds lovely.

Does she like violets? The red velvet cake with white frosting could have frosting (or fondant) violets scattered across it for decoration? OH! Nearly forgot about the fairy cakes!!! She could still use violets for the purple (different shades)...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 104249
    Ooooh, pretty!

Flowers on lapels are a church thing there? Didn't know that!

I think the entire setting sounds lovely.

Does she like violets? The red velvet cake with white frosting could have frosting (or fondant) violets scattered across it for decoration? OH! Nearly forgot about the fairy cakes!!! She could still use violets for the purple (different shades)...
    just reminded me - off to post in the wedding cake thread!

the buttonholes are used in church and civil services Tink, but she doesn't think they need them at a hotel ceremony. as you can probably tell she is not going to follow traditions just because they are traditions - she'll do it her way and her way only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 104257
    just reminded me - off to post in the wedding cake thread!

the buttonholes are used in church and civil services Tink, but she doesn't think they need them at a hotel ceremony. as you can probably tell she is not going to follow traditions just because they are traditions - she'll do it her way and her way only!
    And that's the very best way! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Defining the day and ceremony with what is important for you and your life partner is what it really is all about.

I didn't know that about the flowers. Nice to learn these things! :D I was thinking of them more like a Renaissance Faere sort of thing. LOL. Clan colors and the like. See how off I can be?

Post Thanks / Like
    i found this for you Tink

"The wedding tradition of the groom wearing a buttonhole originates in medieval times when a knight wore his lady's colours (through flowers) as a statement of his love. In addition to adorning the bride with flowers to promote good luck and good health flower meanings allow the bride to express her feelings for the groom"

and this has more traditions and their meanings

Post Thanks / Like
    i found these photos of the hotel we fell in love with on tripadvisor - hope they work....

this is the lounge where reception drinks and canapes would be served

Post Thanks / Like
    and a few random ones

Post Thanks / Like
    i hope it's ok for me to post other peoples photos

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast