Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: strollers getting stolen??

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyoneheard of this?

I have heard this from two people I know...

and having never taken a stroller I do wonder if there is any control on who walks out of a park with one.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been reading about the thefts on another large Disney board. Some CM's say to check the parking lots because people will take a stroller and take it to the parking lot and dump it. I guess they were too cheap to purchase one earlier

Post Thanks / Like
    are these the rented strollers or your own?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard that some people just purchase a really cheap and cheerful stroller from WalMarts to take to the parks... that way it's not overly painful if it does get nicked

Post Thanks / Like
    we had strollers 4-5 years running and never had an issue - we always felt happy leaving 'stuff' on them as well. Shame if this is happening

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how many are people who lose them because they are tidied by the CM's whilst they are on the ride

Post Thanks / Like
    its quite interesting when you're sitting watching and the CMs have tidyed up - how long do you leave it before you tell them

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard about both being stolen. The people most upset are the ones who brought their own.

Post Thanks / Like
    We've taken our own stroller, and had it moved so far away from where we left it that we thought it was stolen. I sought out a CM and asked to speak to a supervisor CM and told that person that they really needed to respect other's property a bit better. Having search for 1/2 hour was unacceptable.

We've had a rented stroller go completely missing. We went back to the rental counter and got another one, but that took time, eh?

I really don't like WDW rental strollers, so we almost never rent them. Who knows when they were last cleaned, they keep the child's face at cigarette level (from dangling arms) and they are hard and don't recline.

If you bring your own, it's much more convenient to walk out of the park with it. Just be certain to never leave anything like your camera or phone, ect. on it unattended. We leave all sorts of stuff on ours, just nothing too expensive. Have it clearly marked in some way to define it as yours. Some folks use ribbons, others make harder to remove flags with their names on them.

Park only in designated stroller parking areas, and even when you do be prepared to have to hunt for your stroller.

I did notice that WDW seems to be testing a new style of stroller. So perhaps those horrid hard plastic things are on their way out.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a very expensive stroller in December 2007. Troy was only 14 weeks old, so Shelly (his mother) wanted a specific type of stroller. She purchased it second hand for about 25% of the original cost. It was in perfect condition.

I made a very large, colourful laminated tag for it that was attached with cable ties. It was moved frequently, but never completely missing!

Shelly left the diaper bag (backpack) on it, removing her wallet and camera before going on attractions. The only thing that disappeared was her "First Visit" button, and that was easily replaced.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast