Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How scary is the tower of terror?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's something I've always wanted to try but been too chicken to, so how bad is it really? Is it really just a lift up then a drop and are the drops violent at the end?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymom, post: 94563
    It's something I've always wanted to try but been too chicken to, so how bad is it really? Is it really just a lift up then a drop and are the drops violent at the end?
    I love this attraction and even my DW who is not a "white knuckle rider" has been known to go on it too!
    There are several "drops" and they are randomly chosen so that seldom do you get the same experience twice. [In fact, you don`t "drop", instead the mechanism pulls you down at a greater rate than gravity!!!]
    Yes you do get that "stomach in your mouth" sensation but you are well strapped in and totally safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    None of the drops are what I would call violent. I absolutely love this ride. In fact it is my favorite at WDW. However, my DW won't ride it. She doesn't even like regular elevators.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    this was my experince and you may not feel the same but i went on it against my better judgement and was on the verge of wailing like a baby!

DH and the boys who were 10 and 5 at the time found that quite amusing and laughed at me....lots!

they had a fabulous time

oh, and i had to tell people ALL about it when i got home.....it was that therapy which aided my recovery!

Post Thanks / Like
    The build up is the scariest part to it - the atmosphere is what makes this ride so special - my 3 year old rode it and loved it :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely the 'ride' part at the beginning and the anticipation is much scarier than the actual drops - the drops feel quite 'controlled' iykwim.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 94586
    iykwim.
    how sad is it that i have never seen this written before but I knew instantly what it was

Post Thanks / Like

Scarier still I find myself speaking in abbreviations , I am always referring to Colin as my DH

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Years ago when my DW and I took our first trip together to the Studios, I had heard of the Tower of Terror but never ridden it. Of course, it was high on my "must do" list. However, that was NOT the case for my DW. She is definitely not a thrill type person.

After much begging, pleading, cajoling and wheedling, I finally convinced her to give it a go. So, into the queue we go and all the time we're waiting, her anxiety is building... and building... and building... By the time we got to the actual ride, I wasn't sure she was actually going to go through with it. However, trooper that she is, she did indeed board the elevator and sat next to me (of course).

At this point, she insisted that I put my arm around her, she buried her face in my chest, clutched onto my arm, and, I believe, held her breath and didn't look up again from that position until the ride had "come to a full and complete stop"!

As we were exiting the ride (with her still shaking like a leaf and still slightly blue from holding her breath), she turned to me and literally shouted the following for all and sundry to hear (unusual, if you know my wife);

"That was great! Let's go do it again!"

Ever since then, it's been her favorite ride and is at the top of her "must do" list every time we go.

Tom (imagine if you will, a post. A seemingly innocuous post in an otherwise normal thread.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Uh-uh, no way, no how!

I do not like the feeling of being dropped. I know it's controlled. I know it's safe.

I rode it once.

And my equilibrium still can't deal with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast