Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: oh dear, more sad news

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Siobhan and Tink.

I told DH earlier exactly what I've told you, he's been feeling guilty about not seeing her as often as possible. I told him it's fine, she can never remember when anybody's been anyway - what matters is that the quality of the visits.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad to hear that your DH's Nan is doing better . My grandmother had Alz as I was growing up . I remember her before and after the onset of the disease . It was very scary for me as a child . I'd see her coming and run in the house . As I got into my teens, I understood more of this awful disease . She became this sweet, gentle, frail old woman that we loved dearly . she died at 94 . She didn't recognize any of us, but she was happy in her world .
    My thoughts & prayers are with you all .

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Tinker.

It's so sad to see, but as long as they're happy in the world they live in we should remember that and make it the best we possibly can for them I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my what a rollercoaster!

Sorry i missed this hun and have only just caught up.
    Let's hope whatever is keeping her going and fighting stays with her for as long as possible.

I have to say your story about DH caring for her brought a tear to my eye as i never saw either of my Nans before they passed as they lived so far away.Something that still upsets me.

We have to do what we feel is right at the time though.

Thinking of you all hun.XXX

Post Thanks / Like
    Just catching up on everything here after 3 days away and read your thread through - I'm so pleased that things have improved, and so touched to read about your DH with his Nan. This extra time will be very special to him I think.

to you all x

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Imagine how I felt watching him.

MIL phoned a while ago, she's not so good again today and won't keep her nebuliser mask on as it hurts her face which is swollen.

The doctor apparently could spare just 2 minutes to tell them she needs the nebuliser and won't keep it on, and to say they are only treating her breathing problems then she'll be sent home.

Well we know that don't we.....but if she won't keep it on because it hurts then surely they should try something else. Of course MIL didn't tell them that.

So just as I'm ringing round to tell my family she's a little better I have to ring them back and say she's not....

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending you lots of

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234