Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: T-REX at DTD

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still at WDW, waiting my turn to shower, but I had to come on here to say just how awesome this place is! I had no idea it was even there! We spotted it while walking the path from SSR over to DTD but didn't know what it was so we ate at RC. While there we saw a kid with a Build a Bear type box with a dinosaur & figured it was just a stuffed animal type place. Even at that the kids couldn't wait to get to this dinosaur place. But once we saw it we knew it had to be from the people at RC. The inside was AMAZING! The giant squid at the bar! The jelly fish! The animatronic dinosaurs! And most of all the Ice Room! So pretty. We are absolutely going to try to get that room when we go back (& we ARE going back, lol). I have no idea if the food is any good or not; I was told the menu is different that the RC menu. I will certainly let everyone know but if anyone is coming at least go & just walk thru the dining area, it's stunning!
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    hey - it's great to hear from you! I hope you're all having a fabulous time!

Post Thanks / Like

All the pictures i have seen look fab! Can't wait to hear what you think of it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    ooo ooo ooo do you need to book or is it like RC?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad you liked it as we're planning on going there for DD's 11th Birthday

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 94924
    ooo ooo ooo do you need to book or is it like RC?
    You can book it and I think the number is is 407-828-8739
    ~July 2009 ~ 5 weeks in Florida AKV, Villa, Vero, BLT, SSR & GF~
    ~October 2009 ~ WL, CR Tower Club & BLT~
    ~August 2010 ~ DCL and Bay Lake Towers~

Post Thanks / Like
    Becca, I and the girls went to T Rex in Dec. We had the appaetizer sampler and the brushetta was particularly amazing! Beeca and I also shared some sort of yummy chicken sandwich wrap. We were quite pleased with the food.

The decor is very cool too. I was surprised to not see any screaming kids. RFC tends to freak some out so I thought for sure the dinos would too.

As we were in the BAB part, I made the comment again about how I WISH I had thought of this. A man overheard me and said he wished that too! :tongue:

WE went around 11am on a Fri right before Christmas. The line to check in was long but we were seated very shortly after we checked in. For those who are members of the Safari Club, they will be accepting that sometime this year.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    TRY THE COTTON CANDY MARTINI!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes, Becca really enjoyed the cotton candy martini :tongue:

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Twice :wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, we ate there tonight! First of all it was packed. I mean PACKED!! Line down the walkway of people checking in. I'm not sure if you can do Priority Seating or not. Everyone I could hear in front of me was just registering as I was. They told me 20 minute wait, it was 30. But considering how insane the place was I was pleased with that. Also, we requested the Ice Cave so that may have caused it to go longer. The shopping area is, imo, only about 1/3 the size of RC shopping area so it was congested & impossible to move around so we had to go outside but there were no benches & you couldn't go far because you wouldn't hear your name called. We got the Ice Cave...may I recommend this room for everyone! It was just gorgeous turning from blue & then to pink during the meteor showers which were very cool & we were lucky to be seated where we could also see those. I also expected to see/hear screaming kids but saw none. They all seemed to just be in awe! I walked all around taking photos & if I can figure out how I will try to load some on this thread when I get back. Oh, look for the hidden Mickey on the giant squid at the bar

I loved the menu, so many things sounded really good. I just ended up getting quesidillas (sp?) & my husband got some salad that was the biggest thing I've ever seen. Neither of us could finish what we had & we are big eaters, lol. I saw the cotton candy drink & it looked very tasty, hehe. We did get the gigantic desert for 4 tho I cannot remember what it's called. Really good deal actually as it's 4 pieces of chocolate cake with 4 scoops of icecream with whipped cream & butterfinger sprinkles for $14.99. My 10 y.o. hates cake & ice cream (& she came from me!) so it was just us three eating on it but it was well worth it. Of course then we had to walk back to SSR in the freezing with aching feet & upset bellys but overall we had a most excellent dinner & experience. I really recommend doing this especially if you have kids.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast