Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is it like in early May?

Post Thanks / Like
    Englewood as on the west coast of Florida? That'll be a long day trip to WDW. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, we are getting quite a taste for the way of life on the Gulf - we just want to do a couple of days in the parks and kick back on the beaches.

Of course I have my pool cleaning and yard maintenance duties to complete at your residence also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I was hoping that you'd not forgotten your responsibilities! :D

Englewood is a lovely area. Not congested or overly "done." I'm glad you found it and like it!!

Yes, a couple days in the parks and then enjoying the sun and sea of Florida is a nice plan.

Would you be flying into Orlando then, or Ft. Myers? (It's an International Airport, too).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We would fly into Orlando - I like the little train that is there and the security folks are so kindly.

THere are no direct flights from UK to Ft Myers - I think, so that's a no no really. I enjoy the run down from Orlando - we get to stop in exciting out the way places where they don't get so many pasty white Welsh people. It really is a great deal more interesting to stop at a Pizza Hut with a load of truck drivers. Incidentally every time we visit a Pizza Hut there is always a cop there - is this a rule for US Pizza Huts? Or are they afraid someone is gonna hit the hut?

Yes, just have to work on Diane now to convince her that we can complete the works in time to holiday in Florida.

Do you have one of those big nets for skimming the bugs off the surface of the pool - or should I bring mine?

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a net! We have a sweeper too. And a vacuum! You will be in business. We also have comfy new lounge chairs for your nap after all the work is done. :D :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ieuanr, post: 95549
    We Incidentally every time we visit a Pizza Hut there is always a cop there - is this a rule for US Pizza Huts? Or are they afraid someone is gonna hit the hut?
    You've just reminded me that everytime I visited a Hut in Michigan there was a cop in there. And there was one in the Tucson one I visited. It must be a standard duty stop for them in that case. Probably just before Dunkin Donuts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that's a profession I could grow to like - wonder if they take older people?

Post Thanks / Like
    We went once in early May to be there for Mother's day and it was quite warm with temperatures in the 90s. We weren't expecting quite that much heat. Fortunately the humidity was low.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    There is something about pizza and doughnuts that seem to be really alluring to our law enforcement people. As of late, Starbucks has been added to the places that draw them in. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds better and better - I will conduct some more research when we visit in April. Diane has almost agreed - a little more arm twisting and we will be on our way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12