Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Eating at Manchester Airport - UK

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Worcester, UK
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

    We are staying at Bewleys night before we travel. Will probably arrive about 4ish. To kill abit of time before we go to bed wondered if anyone could recommend anywhere to eat around that area.

    We have ate at Bewleys restaurant & had a bar meal there - but fancied somewhere different (maybe in one of the terminals!?)

    Any advice greatfully received.

    Thanks



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    395
    Post Thanks / Like
    We found the food in terminal 2 to be not very good. (Can't say on here exactly what we thought though.)
    Terminal 1 has the better food.


    Everyone needs a hug in the morning
    and one at the end of the day.
    As many as possible squeezed in between
    to keep lifes troubles at bay.



    What’s another word for Thesaurus?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't eat at the airport full stop Crap food for high prices. We take our own little picnic. It's kind of a tradition now for us to have it in our room and chill watching tv. That's how bad we thought the food to be.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    If your prepared to drive i'd probably go to the Trafford Centre

  5. #5
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I'm the odd one out

    If we fancy an actual meal, we just go to that large cafe place in terminal 2. It's expensive I guess for what you get, it's always packed so finding a seat can be hard, but they do a decent enough breakfast in my humble opinion.

    No, nothing wonderful, but "OK" and a whole lot better than what I get to eat on the plane which normally makes me feel sick just from the smell
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NW UK, handy for the Lakes, Dales, Peak District a
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodie, post: 95455
    If your prepared to drive i'd probably go to the Trafford Centre
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 95229
    I wouldn't eat at the airport full stop Crap food for high prices. We take our own little picnic. It's kind of a tradition now for us to have it in our room and chill watching tv. That's how bad we thought the food to be.
    .. I agree with both sentiments... or call at the TC on the way down, go to Selfridges food hall and put together a bespoke picnic. Lovely!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 95460
    I guess I'm the odd one out

    If we fancy an actual meal, we just go to that large cafe place in terminal 2. It's expensive I guess for what you get, it's always packed so finding a seat can be hard, but they do a decent enough breakfast in my humble opinion.

    No, nothing wonderful, but "OK" and a whole lot better than what I get to eat on the plane which normally makes me feel sick just from the smell
    You made a boo-boo, they're after tea the evening before! I agree that the breakfast are 'ok' at Manchester airport, love me a sausage and egg sandwich!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •