Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: port orleans riverside

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a family of 5. wanting to stay on site but I have been reading bad reviews about POR. the reviews stated it was dirtyand worn in the rooms. On the outside it was beautiful. I even read the trundel bed was as thin as paper. any good reviews out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    I can personally say that I have never noticed a dirty or worn looking room in any of the Disney resorts I've stayed in.

We've stayed at Riverside a couple of times and it was great. The trundle bed is not as deep as the regular mattress but it certainly looked fine.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe these bad reviews were just once in a lifetime mishaps.. HOPEFULLY! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    There are always extremes in reviews. Those who find fault with everything and those who are happy with everything. Most people fall in between.

If there is every a cleanliness issue, just call the front desk and they will take care of it.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    very true... thanks alot

Post Thanks / Like
    We loved POR - not one problem with the room (although we didn't have a trundle bed so can't comment on those) we now have DVC but have added 3 days onto the end of this years holiday just so we can stay at POR again we loved it that much

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    We found POR and then stayed there for our next 4 holidays in a row because it was SO good.

I guess every now and again someone has a problem but I must say we were delighted with it. Thoroughly recommended
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 95284
    We found POR and then stayed there for our next 4 holidays in a row because it was SO good.
    What Keith said!

We've now stayed there on seven different occasions. Still our favorite resort.

Tom (who thinks it should still be called "Dixie Landings")

Post Thanks / Like
    We also stayed at POR and loved it and would go back again - one of its charms and drawbacks is that it is spread over a large area - it is a ovely resort to go walking in and very peaceful.

This does however mean it can be a long walk to the food court

the only other potential drawbacks could be - the beds we found were quite high off the ground for some reason cf other resorts and alos if you were on the upper floor of the 'cabin' there were no lifts - not a problem for us but did make dragging a stroller up and down stairs a bit interesting at times.

that said we loved it and would certainly stay again

the horse ride was luuurverly

Post Thanks / Like
    We didn't enjoy staying there, but there were certainly no problems with the cleanliness or condition of the room.
    [CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast