Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Plane Down

Post Thanks / Like
    It definitely seems to be moving efficiently. It was a bit startling nonetheless, as we hadn't seen them there in some time...

Post Thanks / Like
    It would have freaked me out, Becca.

I will say one of the other positives in all this is that the security systems were tested (as you saw) and they all apparently work just fine. Tragic that we need them, but wonderful that there was no tragedy.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't believe this guy who phoned in on the Jeremy Vine show today.
    He said that the pilot was not a hero he was just doing what he was supposed to do in that situation and should not receive all that praise for just doing his job...............what a moron. The pilot deserves the highest accolade that the USA can give.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_W, post: 95824
    I couldn't believe this guy who phoned in on the Jeremy Vine show today.
    He said that the pilot was not a hero he was just doing what he was supposed to do in that situation and should not receive all that praise for just doing his job...............what a moron. The pilot deserves the highest accolade that the USA can give.
    i wonder if this 'gentleman' would have been able to keep his cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    for the wonderful pilot what an incredible thing to do and how thankful these passengers must be
    Jacqui xxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess in a sense, he was doing what he was *trained* to do...I'm sure pilots log hours of simulation training for these types of things. However in my opinion, the presence of mind that he had, and the diligence with which he carried out that training is not something that can be taught. That diligence, that rise to the call of duty is what sets him apart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the full video which has been released, pretty amazing

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/01/17/usa...l?iref=topnews

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw that the pilot is going to be on the Today show on Monday. I think I will try to check it out.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only just heard about this - we didn't have TV on the island and honestly I didn't want to know about the outside world.

I am kinda glad I'm only hearing about this now - remind me to post you the pics of the bird-covered runway on the island!

The pilot definitely deserves a medal! Yes, it's his job, but it's no different to a brave policeman doing the right thing under pressure!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234