Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I just want to stop hurting....

Post Thanks / Like
    So there is a little back story

Back when I was a little lass, fresh and new to this world I had my left leg on backwards. I had braces they were little shoes with bars in between my feet to straighten my leg out. SURPRISE! It worked. I dont walk funny and honestly unless I told you about it you would never know.....I had those braces for years. Learned to crawl, climb and walk with those things on.

Fast forward 19 years. I was starting to have considerable pain in my left knee (remember the cosmetic was fixed, my bones are pretty much twisted all the way up), I went to the Dr (who has been my Dr now on and off for the last 16 years and he just retired) and he had advised me that all girls are knock knee'd but only between 0 and 6 degrees (from where your femur and tibia connect) I was at 16 degrees. Lots of physical therapy getting my thigh muscles strong enough to support the problem.

Now at the age of 35 I am at 21 degrees..yes it is slowly getting worse.

Well during Christmas I could hardly get out of bed. I hurt so much. My back, my hips, my knees and my ankles and even sometimes my toes. I just want to die. I very rarely sleep in my bed (on the couch) because of the fact I dont want to go down the stairs to do it. I cant lay on my sides because it hurts my hips. I cant lay on my stomach or back because it hyper extends my knees. Ive been this way now since. Hard headed about going to the Drs.

I called the Dr's finally on Monday and they cant get me in until tomorrow. Here is a script for Percaset. I hate taking pills. I hate taking narcotics. After I had a c-section with my daughter, appendix surgery and kidney stones I too 800 MG of Motrin. I just cant focus on the heavy stuff but I have got to get rid of this pain!

Im 35 years old. I should not feel like this. I hurt from my toes to mid back. Chiropractors wonder how I walk (duh one foot in front of the other?) and they can do nothing for me. It sometimes hurts to put my hands on my hips, its just that sensitive.

So here I am under a heating pad, percs in hand.

Tomorrow can not get here fast enough.

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mom had braces on her legs when she was a little girl too. The dr who delivered her was drunk and somehoe pushed her legs up and did some sort of damage. She has arthritis. I remember she would lie in bed and cry when I was little. I truly have no idea how she made it through the Marine Corps. She gets therapeutic massages on her knees now. She says they help a lot. She and dad also bought a hot tub a few years ago and that helps some too. Then dad has all those issues with his back (was in a motorcycle wreck in the 60's) and the sciatica. He is always in pain. Not a good way to feel that is for sure.

I hope you feel better. Is there anything they can do for you?

I don't like taking narcotics either. I'm always afraid I'm going to get addicted or if I use them all up and then really need them, the dr won't refill it. Also Percocet makes me itch.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    awwwwwwwww hun im soooooo sorry to hear your in so much pain, how the heck do you get about around wdw like that or is it just on off pain

when i was an apprentice carpenter i fell thru the ceiling in a brand new house i was working in levelling a bedroom froor, the owner was watching tv on the sofa downstairs and i covered her in plasterboard, lol funny i know lol but i caught one lege over a joist. after that never thought anything about it then all of a sudden i was in excruciating pain, i suffered on and of for about ten years lil old ladies used to zoom past me walking when it hit me it was that bad. drs just said rub this cream in your leg and it should be okm yeah right i thought its not in my flippin leg you daft ol quack lol......then just after i got married i went to a chiropractor and she identified the problem in 10 minutes, i'd had a twisted pelvis all these years and she cured me in 10 sessions, thats a dr failed to do in over 10yrs grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    If I could cut my legs off at the hip joints I would feel so much better..but I think the D.I.Y. kit is right next to the home hysterectomy kit..now I just gotta find that store...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh how did I get around WDW? With LOTS AND LOTS of ibuprofen. Im used to a bit of pain..its just gotten worse since Christmas

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 95644
    If I could cut my legs off at the hip joints I would feel so much better..but I think the D.I.Y. kit is right next to the home hysterectomy kit..now I just gotta find that store...
    come here i have a reeeeeeeeeeally good toolbag
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Youre not a Dr but you play one on TV? Dont we have a Dr around here somewhere?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 95647
    Youre not a Dr but you play one on TV? Dont we have a Dr around here somewhere?
    do i!!!! hmmmmmm i didnt know that

yeah we do but not this time of the morning lol
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesnt he have an emergeny number?

I am an emergency!

Post Thanks / Like
    you could ring our free nhs direct number ;)
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast