1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

6 Columbus - NYC

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by Beccaberry, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Thought I'd share a few photos with you from one of our recent stays in the city...

This is 6 Columbus...we've stayed here twice now for a song on Priceline (last trip we booked for $135/night) and have REALLY come to love it. It's recently renovated, strategically located to almost ANY place in the city and is really one of the most unique places we've stayed...

Their website describes them as a 60's Mod sort of theme and I totally agree...if Austin Power's were to design a hotel...this is what I imagine it would look like.

As with most NYC hotels, the rooms are rather small...but they have done a phenomenal job of making the most of their space.

The lobby is incredible...there are far better pictures on their website than i could have taken, due to the low lighting...but the use of textures and colors is really fascinating....the walls are covered with black faux cowhide....the tactile experience alone was brilliant!

Our room...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The plasma, armoire and mini bar - fully stocked (including something called a "shag bag" :shocked025: )

[​IMG]

The very mod loo - the door between the loo and the rest of the room was nothing but frosted glass...you couldn't see through it per se...but you could see "silhouettes" which was a bit unnerving...we got used to it though...

[​IMG]

The rooftop...they are scheduled to open a rooftop bar here before the summer ends...should lend itself to some stunning views of the skyline and Central Park ...

[​IMG]

Anywho...just thought I'd share...we had a brilliant time and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, or recommend it out.

2. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

That Hotel looks so cool. I love the bathroom. Did you get a good rate. It looks like it looks over central park.

3. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Looks great, I love the decor and the view from the rooftop! Not sure about the frosted glass wall though, I would probably be hanging up some makeshift curtain :lol:

4. Beccaberry

We did! We've actually Pricelined it twice now...this last time we paid $135/night! Not bad at all for the city!

At first I was like, what the 'eck is this!?!?! But like I said...we got used to it pretty quick....

Meant to say too....they have a BRILLIANT sushi bar in the main lobby....open late (we ate there at 2:00 am) and some of the friendliest folks you'll ever meet in the city!

5. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

I sooooooooo badly want to go to NY. It all started with Cagney and Lacey:lol: Strange but true. See a little insight into my mind.

6. Beccaberry

LOL!! Cagney and Lacey!!! YES!

It's funny, when I lived in Texas, I used to watch Law & Order relentlessly...now that I live in CT and we go to the city often...I always giggle when I'm standing on a street corner or see a spot that I've seen on L&O...I swear I can still hear Jerry Orbach's voice in my head!

7. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

Oh, another place I have to add to my 'Places I'd love to stay' list. I love anything that's different.

8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

That looks pretty neat. What * rating is it? And is it in a certain section of the city for Priceline?

Thank goodness the beds aren't on the floor!

9. Beccaberry

LOL!! I remember that place!! It's a 4* in the Midtown West section...I don't know how long you'll see it at such a discount...it's newly reopened and I think they were only offering the Priceline value to create a bit of buzz....but I would consider this a value if almost twice the price (wouldn't pay it, but it would still be a brilliant place :wink: )

Straight across from a sub station too! (...and next door to a Starbucks :D )

10. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

That place looks amazing Anne, thanks for sharing the photos.
    Definitely on record should we ever venture there.