Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: OMG! I'm wearing jeans!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You may be astonished to find out that if you can drop some weight you won't need meds at all! That's what happened to me. But you have to check your BP on a regular basis to be sure the weight loss is still "working" and check with the doc like you are.

Hopefully, the doc can get it under control. You don't need any stressors!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Tink!

I don't think I have ever worn jeans that didn't have some sort of stretch to them. I can't seem to stand jeans otherwise.

Well, I'm not even trying to lose weight. I need to though. I just don't seem to have the wherewithall to do it. And I will NEVER be a size 2 or 4. I don't have the bones for it. My dr does tell me that not everyone is meant to be skinny and I am one of those. Alysia is a 5 and I think she's ridiculously small.

I DID get a compliment from a client today who told me I had lost weight. I don't see it.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Johnnie, take those compliments anyway! maybe you have shed a few pounds since the client last saw you. I love when someone tells me that I look like i've lost weight! lol

Well, my BP was perfect at the docs office 120/67. The nurse said those digital home machines are not worth a thing & always show it high. Since I took it with me we did it on my machine & it showed 138/88. Big ol' difference there! So I feel much better. Now if I can just figure out the dizziness...

Ya know Tink, when I lost a bunch of weight in '06 I presumed that my BP was fine since I'd lost so much. Didn't even bother checking it. Come to find out, no it wasn't. So I had been going around with it high thinking it was fine. Stupidity on my part & I paid the price. I have to make more of a point to keep a check on mine. The docs office is VERY nice Told me to stop in any time I wanted & they would check it for me :)

I like jeans that have some spandex in the material just so you know they will stretch out a little as you wear them. And i'm one of those silly gooses that wears jeans all the time, even in the summer, hehe.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    i was bad today, i had a chocolate bar and then a take away curry for tea- but i did eat less than normal

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Big Thunder, weight loss is no guarantee. I had an endocrinologist tell me one time, you can do everything "right" and still end up with classic problems.

For me though, it has made all the difference in the world.

I see the doc tomorrow. We'll she if she's still happy with my progress.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    You know Brit? Remember that dark chocolate and sea salt from World Market that I was talking about awhile ago? I had some last night. It didn't effect my blood glucose one bit! :9:

Guess that means a bite here and there really IS good for me. :D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!!!

I drank 72 ounces of water today!!!!!

It wasn't a "typical" day for me....I worked between campuses so I was in the car a LOT. Each time I made the trip from one campus to the next I filled up my water bottle...and voila!

Jon and I even managed to go out dinner tonight and stay within our limits while still enjoying ourselves!

BT, that BP is nothing to play fast and loose with! I'm glad you're keeping on top of it

Tink...hope your doctor's visit goes well tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
    OOOOOOOOH! I am so pleased for you! It's great to get that water down those first few days (until you are used to it and it seems to disappear on its own).

Nice that you had a dinner out with Jon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 97971
    i was bad today, i had a chocolate bar and then a take away curry for tea- but i did eat less than normal
    Sometimes you just have to juggle the intake over a few days so you can avoid feeling deprived. As much as I prefer a small amount of dark chocolate occasionally, I sometimes crave a Nestle's Crunch bar or Hershey's with almonds! Usually I manage to split it over two days. But once ina while...

Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 97999
    I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!!!

I drank 72 ounces of water today!!!!!

It wasn't a "typical" day for me....I worked between campuses so I was in the car a LOT. Each time I made the trip from one campus to the next I filled up my water bottle...and voila!

Jon and I even managed to go out dinner tonight and stay within our limits while still enjoying ourselves!

BT, that BP is nothing to play fast and loose with! I'm glad you're keeping on top of it

Tink...hope your doctor's visit goes well tomorrow
    Woohoo! You did it!

It really does take a while to train yourself, but eventually it becomes second nature.

Leu finally has learned to drink water during the past few years. Before that it always was soft drinks, milk, coffee or iced tea. The only thing is that when we travel together, our hydration schedules are a bit different. She hydrates in the afternoon and evening (due to her work schedule), so she is up a gazillion times at night. I tend to hydrate throughout the day and am looking for restrooms more frequently than she is! I annoy her more than she does me--I just sleep through 99% of her gazillion trips to the WC.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, Taj...that's EXACTLY what Jon and I are going through right now!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast